Friday, March 20, 2020

The Kids Are Alright

Shenanigans from January:
Not sure what inspired it, but the kids found some onion grass growing in the yard and decided to try to cook it. Apparently there actually is a recipe for roasted onion grass. Who knew! And, it was AMAZING. I seriously couldn't stop eating it. We're calling that a homeschool win.

Lots of these on my phone.
The accompanying videos are absolute GOLD.
She's going to hate them one day. 

There for about a month the kids were all into making their own games. This was Aaron's version. Jon & I especially enjoyed the gingerbread man with the elf shoes who apparently got a dog bite.

A perfect Elise-sized tower!

Timmy and Catherine's creation.
My kids beg for Timmy every weekend. 

I don't know why I keep trying to take my kids on hikes. First, we ended up on an accidental four mile hike back in September. This time we fared better, but the first part of the trail was down a steep, rocky hill covered in fallen leaves. Elise kept tripping, slipping, and crying. I had Elijah and my patience was wearing thin. Thankfully Catherine was there to carefully guide her down by turning it into a game. I don't know what I'd do without that girl.

Thankfully the rest of the hike was pretty fun, even if the trail did disappear at some point. And the best part was finding a nice section of Deer Creek we'll have to come visit during the summer. Or maybe the best part was the dead deer we found decaying on the bank. Depends on which kid you ask. 
Aaron painted this polar bear in art class.
I cannot even handle it.
It's like a hypnotic, depressed Pokeman. 

We read 'By the Great Horn Spoon' for the book club I hosted.
Probably mining for 'gold' would have been better NOT done in January...

Aaron drawings are pure masterpieces.
I have no idea what is going on here, but it's the stuff of nightmares.
I love it. 

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Not sure which is more amazing - the rice recipe, towers or drawings :)