One time, we accidentally grew mold in a pan when I left some paper mache flour mixture out for too long. It was vile. It reeked to high heaven. And Aaron was OBSESSED. I now know more about mold and fungi than I ever expected to know.
To celebrate all the things Aaron learned, we decided to throw a Fungus Party. He helped make the best invitations ever:
We started off with a some 'Fungus is Among Us' book reading by Gabe on the trampoline:
(complete with mostly-naked baby)
Catherine created and typed up clues for a fungus scavenger hunt around our yard. We also had a mold competition which Jon presided over very diligently. Aaron played a game that was basically Infection (one person was the Mold and would spread it to others). Then we had all kinds of fungi for dinner! Lots of fun mushroom dishes. We even splurged and bought a tiny thing of Black Truffle mushrooms for everyone to try. They were DELICIOUS! We also made chocolate truffles because...truffles.
Aaron with a truffle and a mushroom
Fungi Party attendees!
I'm so glad we have so many good friends who will come to Fungi Parties with us (even if there is some confusion about whether or not it's a birthday party).




2 comments:
Love this creativity and fun!
Looks like the most creative party ever, and I hate mushrooms :D
Post a Comment