Friday, November 6, 2020

Little Stinky

This picture is the definition of entitlement.
Which is basically the definition of Elijah.

Good thing he's so adorable, since he still makes us carry him whenever possible!

Even if the person carrying him is not a whole lot bigger than he is...

"What? I am a very tiny baby who is super easy to carry!"

When your parents won't let you have real pets, you improvise.

Naked monkey baby after a bath.

Did I mention entitlement?
There's a lot of that going on.
Also, obviously not much clothes-wearing happening. 

Frankly, even diapers are optional during the summer...

We sure love this Little Stink, even if he does make a lot of demands. A LOT of demands. He still doesn't talk at all (not a single word), but he can demand things quite effectively. Screaming, biting, pointing, grabbing our hands and dragging us...he gets his point across!

He still wakes up stupid early. Usually around 6:30 am, but occasionally even before 6. I do finally have him taking a single afternoon nap instead of a single morning nap. He'll also watch Avatar in the afternoon with the kids, so I get a tiny break sometimes. 

When we put him in his crib, he immediately rolls over into bug position (on his belly, knees tucked under his tummy). None of our other kids have done this and it's adorable. He also likes to bite his blankets when he's tired or upset. All his blankets smell like drool. 

He loves being outside. LOVES it. He'll bring us shoes or drag us to the doors several times a day (often before 7 am). We try to go on a walk and/or run every day, but it's not enough. He particularly loves his little red bike and will scream if he sees it in the garage and doesn't get to ride it. Of course when he does ride it, it's straight into the road and then to the pond. Not terrifying at all. 

I'm exhausted, but I sure love this little guy!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

He should fit right in with his "outside all day if possible" cousins!