Wednesday, August 14, 2024

April Aaron

 I'm teaching Aaron's art class for co-op this semester and one of our projects was paper mache masks.
Step #1 involved making tin foil molds of their faces, which was quite fun to watch:

A few weeks later, with the finished products:
Aaron was not a fan of this project.
I tried.

Not Aaron, but one of his co-op friends tried to sneak home in our trunk:
I love these awesome families!

Aaron is still my fungi guy, so when a family at co-op offered to take us morel hunting, we were ALL in! Turns out I am awful at spotting morels and never found a single one. But Aaron managed to find a few without any help! We took them home and sautéed them with butter...holy crap. Best mushrooms I've EVER tasted! Definitely need to go again next year!
Aaron with his morels

And now, another installation of Aaron art:
An axe and a steaming log (with roots) having a casual conversation.

A very large gun or a very small guy

Selling ugly bacon is an offense worthy of death

Diving board slide cup?

Super elite axe-wielding mushroom

I don't know, but it has lots of knives.

Some sort of horrible mutations happening here.

Super intense robot guy takes out a mutant with a giant ray gun

Yes, we are still ranking all the things.

And, finally, art ABOUT Aaron:
And no, I have no idea who or what or why.

And, finally, this gem from his Primary teacher. In class one day Aaron announced, "I'm going to read my scripture in a Scottish accent," and then proceeded to do so, after which he sat down calmly like that wasn't just the weirdest thing ever. 

0 comments: