Thursday, August 15, 2024

Elijah Turns 5

 Happy birthday to Elijah! 
He chose sugary cereal for his birthday breakfast...

...and, of course, Burger King for his birthday lunch!
(ice cream was for the birthday, slushie for keeping his underwear dry at night)

He asked for donuts for his 'cake', so we loaded a donut up with candles:

Out they go!

That evening we had the mini bros (Browns and Knoxes) over for screen time at Elijah's request. 

His birthday party was the next day. He is obsessed with a Roblox horror game called Doors. I don't know much about it, but it involves opening doors and running away from various monsters that try to kill you. Elijah actually won't play the game because it's too scary, but he loves to play it "in real life." His was of processing, I guess?

(Not the invitation I sent, but this is the one he wanted.
I wanted to not terrify his preschool friends' parents).

Once again, we asked our awesome friend to make a piñata. And once again, our friend and his family went WAY WAY WAY above and beyond. Elijah ended up with four Doors monsters. Jon arranged the 'game' so that the kids had to open all the doors in our house trying to find the prize box. Behind some of the doors we had siblings/friends holding some of the Doors Monsters. The monsters would (slowly and not in a threatening way) follow the kids as they ran from room to room. Elijah was thrilled and no one was traumatized, so I guess it was a success?

The kids finding Aaron/Eyes in the basement room

Friends and monsters after the prizes were found!

I think the thing I loved most about this party was that Elijah's awesome preschool teacher, Ms. Kathy, came! She's been his teacher for two years now and she's just the best. He's been so lucky to have her. And how sweet to come to a student's party on her day off?? Also, he invited all of his other teachers as well (he attends a program at the high school, so there are 30-40 teenagers teaching him on various days/times). One of them actually showed up and brought him a gift!!! I am so grateful for the love all of the teachers have shown to Elijah during the past two years. 
Elijah, Ms Kathy, and Bella (preschool friend)

Preschool friends singing to Elijah
His class is SUPER small this year.
Only Elijah and three other kids (John couldn't come to his party).

He had a perfect Elijah birthday and is quite proud to tell everyone that he's FIVE now (and that he's starting kindergarten, need to work on the whole "not until the fall" thing). 

0 comments: