Today is my official 20 week mark, which allegedly means I'm halfway done with pregnancy. Allegedly.
Apparently this week the baby is the size of a banana, which I find infinitely amusing. I just keep picturing this banana-shaped baby floating around, kicking the sides of my tummy when I'm trying to go to sleep.
In honor of the halfway mark, I present the joys of pregnancy I've experienced thus far:
*nausea *dizziness *stupidity
*exhaustion *food aversions *heartburn
*stretch marks *bloating *dropping things
*restlessness *backache *pea-sized bladder
*nursing pads *stuffy nose *rounded ligament pain
*having my belly touched by a random person
*feeling the baby doing gymnastics and kickboxing
*inability to go more than 2 hours without eating (this makes church really interesting)
*getting to buy new clothes
*getting to borrow clothes from friends when Jon thinks I'm spending too much
*postponing the name debate until we get a name book
*exhaustion *food aversions *heartburn
*stretch marks *bloating *dropping things
*restlessness *backache *pea-sized bladder
*nursing pads *stuffy nose *rounded ligament pain
*having my belly touched by a random person
*feeling the baby doing gymnastics and kickboxing
*inability to go more than 2 hours without eating (this makes church really interesting)
*getting to buy new clothes
*getting to borrow clothes from friends when Jon thinks I'm spending too much
*postponing the name debate until we get a name book
Things I have to look forward to:
*contractions *unwanted advice from strangers
*running into doors/people with my belly (thanks, Adrian)
*being kicked in the ribs *MORE heartburn
*not being able to get up from the couch without help
*getting strange looks from people because I look like a knocked-up teenager
*buying baby stuff (Jon won't let me start until we're in our house)
*labor and delivery
AND
*finally getting to meet this little man
(who will hopefully have a name before he's born)
Am I missing anything?
*running into doors/people with my belly (thanks, Adrian)
*being kicked in the ribs *MORE heartburn
*not being able to get up from the couch without help
*getting strange looks from people because I look like a knocked-up teenager
*buying baby stuff (Jon won't let me start until we're in our house)
*labor and delivery
AND
*finally getting to meet this little man
(who will hopefully have a name before he's born)
Am I missing anything?
9 comments:
Some things you forgot :) Not being able to see your toes; feeling like no matter what, you can't get into a comfortable sleeping position, crying over EVERYTHING, feeling like you've been pregnant for years, nesting (your house will never be so spotless) but there are also gonna be the great things like the excitement/panic of realizing you're having a kid, seeing your hubby turn into an amazing Dad, and I could go on and on. Anyways! Yes we're bringing Max, we usually take turns in the temple and trade off watching Max. How about we eat before so that way you're not doing a session on an empty stomach.
"knocked up teenager" - hilarious. I won't fill you in on the 20+ things you neglected to mention. I'm JUST kidding (it's closer to 15).
:) He's so worth it, which you already know!
oh man... I was hoping that we would be safe from strech marks since mom didn't get them way bad... Oh well! Bring on the coconut butter!!! :-D
Yes, boooo stretch marks. My sisters-in-law don't get them... soooo jealous! Hey, you may get really uncomfrotable, but when you're holding that BEAUTIFUL little boy you will know that every ache and pain was worth it!
You forgot talking to the fetus. That is definitely one of the better parts. A. misses talking to the fetus even when she has the baby to talk to instead. I also love to talk to my kids in utero. I taught Yoroko an entire course in Astronomy and quite a bit about high mass objects and their effect on light.
Hehe. I love it! I knew I was way too big when I was working at the hospital wearing big baggy scrubs and a stranger told me I was finished baking. I was confused and asked her what she meant and she said my turkey timer had popped (referring to my belly button). I just stared at her in disbelief and thought how rude!
When do we get another belly picture?
Ahh, the joys of being pregnant. It's interesting to see what's the same and what's different between our pregnancies because we're pretty close time-wise. Like Ali, I also definitely laughed at the "knocked up teenager" part.
You forgot, not being able to sleep for the last month. Nathan tells me that's where Mindy is at the moment. Also you forgot the joy of not having a period. And it doesn't come back for six months post partum either! Although you do spend the first month at least bleeding... so I guess that is supposed to make up for it...but there's no cramps!
Re: baby stuff. Remember how I had to buy all new 0-3 mos clothes for Max? Well, for some reason we ended up with about 3 dozen onesies. So I'm going to send you some. No cute outfits, mind you, just excess onesies and a couple pairs of footie pajamas. Some of these Max didn't even wear because he had too many. I think we had so many because neither Spencer nor I can resist cute baby stuff that says things like "I Love My Mother/Father" and "I'm A Smart Baby!" on it. I sent Spencer to buy bibs for Max and he came home with two different packs of them because both packs had a bib he just couldn't do without. (I just found our other stash of bibs which brings us up to twenty bibs, so I should send you bibs, too, but they are all stained and truthfully, we can't do without any of them. One of Yoroko's says "I Have Genius Genes!" I ask you, how could we give that away?) This is also a factor in the other thing in the box, which is six receiving blankets. Not sure why, but I have a thing for receiving blankets and I bought eighteen for Max. This is too many. So I'm sending you some. Again, some of these Max never used because he had so many. Also because it got cold. So look for the box in the mail.
I am considering sending you one of our crib bumpers. I bought one that I really like for Yoroko and then someone else gave me one for Max that Spencer really likes. If I can convince Spencer to let me keep the one that I like best and give his favorite away (it's cute, I just like the other one better), then you'll be getting one, along with some crib sheets. For some reason people keep giving those to us-I have a bunch and these I do actually find perfectly resistible. (sp?) Unless you have your eye on a super-cute bedding set already. Max is resisting moving to the crib anyway so it looks like the point is probably moot because we ARE NOT HAVING ANY MORE CHILDREN. Maybe I'll just send you both bumpers and let you dispose of them as you choose. :-) How's that for crowding your little apartment? When do you move, anyway?
This is entirely out of hand. I can tell I need to get back into gmail and reply to your letter!
And I forgot to say- hope you and your banana baby are doing well. Have a fruity day.
Post a Comment