So I lied. Are you surprised? Because you shouldn't be. Just so you know, I did actually scan the pictures last night, so I didn't totally lie. Anyway...
Here it is: the long-awaited belly post, which I have been actively avoiding for a few months now. Why? Because of THIS:
This is my cute mom 9 months and 1 day pregnant with me. (Side note: Isn't that mu mu awesome? Thank heaven for cute maternity clothes nowadays). See that cute little belly? Well, considering the fact that I am basically just my mother's clone, I always assumed that I would have a cute little prego belly like her. After all, everything from my morning sickness to my second trimester burst of weight gain was identical to her experience. So why, then, at 28 weeks, do I look like THIS?(I'm totally sucking it in, too).
I promise it looks a lot bigger in real life. Just ask the girls at church who keep sweetly commenting on how big I'm getting.
I have three excuses that I repeat to myself on a daily basis.
#1--I'm having a boy. My mom was (obviously) having a girl. Thus, we would carry our babies differently. I realize this is totally bogus, but I can believe whatever I want.
#2--My mom has a good inch and a quarter on me. She's 5' 8'', I'm 5' 7'' if I try really, really hard to be.
#3--I have an extremely short abdomen. As in I can't ride on go-carts because my ribcage starts rubbing against my hip bone (which is extremely painful, by the way). So there's really nowhere for this little boy to go but STRAIGHT OUT. And he's doing a marvelous job of it.
There you go. At least I don't look pregnant from the back (although I make Jon check every day just in case). I've got three months left, and frankly, I'm terrified. A large portion of this is probably because we haven't purchased a single baby item yet. Not even a bib. I hate shopping.
And no, our child still doesn't have a name. I made Jon study a baby name book while we were at Daniel & Wendy's, but that was a joke. So far he's stuck on names that sound like Roman generals (Thaddeus or Maximus) and "Desmond", which he likes solely because our child would be known as "Des Blood."
By the way, did you know that there is a tiny town in Pennsylvania called "Intercourse"? And that it is, ironically, populated mostly by the Amish? The things you learn when you get lost while picking up the lawnmower you bought off of Ebay.
12 comments:
I DID know about Intercourse! If you've ever seen the movie where Tim Allen pretends to be Amish to avoid the IRS.... yeah, they go through Intercourse. Sheesh... what an unfortunate name.
Don't stress about your belly. You look adorable! Besides, it's better to be obviously pregnant than possibly just getting fat. I was so glad when I hit the "obviously pregnant" stage. No more telling random people on the street that I'm pregnant so they stop staring at the weird way I'm gaining weight.
You look so cute Megan! Really, it's a CUTE belly, not a big belly at all! You'll be happy to know that I popped out last week (just days after posting my belly shot), so I now look pregnant too. (sigh) It's kind of exciting, though! And at least you aren't gaining weight anywhere except your belly (not that it would be bad if you did)! Thanks for posting the picture, and good luck with the name game! :)
Megan, considering that when I was 28 weeks pregnant and people were asking me if I was due that week, or when I told them the weeks asking if I was having twins, I'd say you look so tiny! That aught to you make you feel better. And Intercourse, PA funny funny. I wonder how many people you see pulled over on the side of the road next to the welcome sign that are....never mind...so funny!
You have the cutest belly! :) Don't worry, you don't look humongous. I've seen LOTS worse! You look FANTASTIC! Your mom's belly was strangely small for how far along she was.
I saw your parents and Bethany at Garret's reception... your sis didn't look very happy to be there... LOL!
If it is any consolation, I think your belly is adorable. However, if someone tried to tell me that when I was pregnant I would have rolled my eyes at them. At least your shirts cover your belly. My family has a bunch of blackmail worthy belly shots of me with my bare belly just poking out of anything I tried to cover it with. (I could not tell from my point of view...I guess that is what mirrors are for).
You are darling! Speaking as someone who did not "POP" out, I'm jealous!
why do people think saying "hey, you look fat!" is a compliment. not that you do. super cute. my mom was precious when she was pregnant too, and i totally didnt get the basketball like she did.
one week at church a lady said "wow, your ankles are really swelling." thanks. a. lot.
Yeah for posting a belly pic! We seem to be extremely close in size and you have the cute kind of prego belly. I think it's weird how when you're pregnant people feel like they can make comments about how large you're getting. I get them all the time at church too and it's weird to me that people feel the need to tell me how much my belly is showing etc. Way to state the obvious.
That is such a cute picture of Mom and Dad. I have never seen it before. Just the one of me, and she is wearing a big blue mumu again. But I think she was bigger then, probably cuz she had to make room for my large brain. :-) But i do remember her saying something about how she was bigger with me and they thought i was a twin.
Oh and I am excited that i am 5'9" and most of my height comes from my abdomen. haha. :-)
Love you!!!
Your hair is so long!
Hilarious - Intercourse... oh man. That just made my day.
Really, embrace the roundness. You look awesome. At least you don't get facial pregnancy - thats my big gripe.
In other news, your hair is insanely beautiful.
Oh, I just remembered somehting that might make you feel better. It's ok to look pregnant when you are...not so much afterwards. I was at Target buying some PJs for Allie when she was about 1 1/2 mos. old and at the checkout the woman was like, do you have a baby? I said yes. She replied... "Yeah, I can tell you still have some of your baby fat." I wanted to punch her right in the mouth!!! Idiot.
Post a Comment