Yes, we are still alive. Tired, but alive. After a few unexpected complications yesterday, we were able to close on our house this morning! Yay! And now I'm exhausted and am going to take a nap. Just thinking about cleaning, packing, moving, and painting makes me want to sleep for 12 straight hours.
Posting may be sparse for the next two months--we'll be busy moving into our house, plus I've taken up teaching piano again (I'm nuts, I know). Add four callings on top of that, and getting ready for a baby...yikes. But then we get to spend two glorious weeks in Hawaii without ANY of that.
Side note: I think the church should automatically release new moms from their callings for at least 4 weeks prior to their due date and 6 weeks after. So I guess it wouldn't be a "release", just a "don't feel guilty about pawning your responsibilities off on someone else" break. By the way, any tips on being ward organist with a newborn? Adrian? Christine?
Friday, April 4, 2008
Life is crazy...
at 12:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Congratulations on closing! Address please. Hope everything goes well with moving in. Yoroko the other day indicated that we should come and visit you.
They did release me from my calling (Primary pianist) when Max was imminent. Haven't called me back to anything yet, either.
Hints on ward organisting with a newborn? Make sure you have a substitute's number ready to hand. And don't be afraid to nurse your baby instead of playing the intermediate hymn! :)
Wow! Why do you have so many callings?! Anyways, congrats on the house. I hate moving. I think moving is the most stressful thing ever.
You closed on your house! Hooray! Congratulations! Things always seem to come up at the end, so I'm sure you feel much better knowing that it's final now. And I can't believe you have 4 callings! (What are they thinking?!) You have a busy couple of months ahead of you--maybe it will make the time go by faster until the baby comes! Wish I was there to help! Good luck!
I wouldn't take Hazen to church for a good long while after he came home. I went to the Bishop, said, "Let's be honest here..." and viola! It's like a quit my calling. When I was ready for a new one, I told him I was more than ready to serve- as long as I was no where near germy children.
Worked like a charm.
I would just feed Max right before sacrament then let Brian handle him during. You could also pump before then have a bottle ready for Jon to give him just in case. But it wasn't too much a problem, I only once had to run out to feed Max and that was b/c Brian was out of town. Good luck!
Hawaii... focus, think, dream of Hawaii. You've earned that trip, my friend. I am glad you have a get-away planned before your sweet baby arrives.
Good luck with the move. As far as having a newborn and being an organist - um, well... it should make for some entertaining blogging stories! Seriously, you should be fine if you feed your baby before Sacrament and then let Jonny hold him?
Actually as he becomes more restless as he gets older, you'll be the one smiling down at your husband as he balances the teething ring with the Cheerios (refer to Elder Ballard's conference talk)!
If there is anything that bishop's and wards are used to its people having babies. I don't think it would even phase a bishopric if you didn't play one of the hymn's because you were out nursing your kid. Only other advice is keep your sense of humor about it, and everyone else will adapt better as a result
Post a Comment