Friday, June 13, 2008

A Big, Fat Baby

...is what is in my tummy right now. Meaning that we got an ultrasound today and he is measuring right on target (anytime from July 17th to the 25th--official due date is the 22nd). The technician didn't see any cause for alarm, although my doctors won't see the results until a few days later (I have to go to a lab to get my ultrasounds done--I really wish they'd just do it at the doctors' office). So apparently I just have a short abdomen or something. Surprise. I did, however, get to find out what the appendage is that he has been using to CONSTANTLY poke me on my right side--two cute little feet. Not one--TWO feet. No wonder he can whack me so well. At least he's head down and will hopefully stay that way.

To sum it up--all is well. Hallelujah.

PS--I was going to put up a picture from the ultrasound, but he's so big that they didn't really get a good shot. The ones they got of his face are shaded strangely and make him look like Frankenbaby. So no pictures.

10 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

Yea! I'm glad everything turned out so well. I'm jealous you got to see your little boy. I just feel the kicks. At least I found out today he's head down too.

Jamie said...

YEAH! Isn't it nice to have a little assurance that all is well! I totally understand your worries. I am glad he is fat! Any names?

Brian and Kenna said...

I bet that you have nameless/aaron baby on July 21st... that would be fun! haha!

Christine said...

Yeah for big babies! I had a doctor once say that every doctor measures tummies differently, look at me, no one said I was measuring big and we saw how that turned out. I think you should post more belly pics. :)

Adrian said...

I agree with Christine, we need more belly pics. I am VERY GLAD that everything is fine. Hang in there for the last four weeks. Now is when you start praying for an early baby. :) Two feet in your ribs, huh? The things we go through for our kids... :)

Adrian said...

And I'd just like to point out that any long blog silence at this point is the equivalent of your car being missing- did she go to the hospital? Did she have her baby? so be sure and post or have Jonny post (just a short one, you know) when the baby actually comes, so we can celebrate with you!

Holly said...

What a relief! It's always nice to see that everything is okay. Now you don't have to worry! Let's hope he stays perfectly sized and in the perfect position so that you have a perfect delivery! And I agree--we need to see more belly shots. :)

Kristina said...

Yay! Exciting!

uptown said...

I just have to say that I am glad that your baby has TWO feet. It would be so sad if he just had one...

Ali said...

Thanks for the update! I am glad all is well and relieved to learn he has two feet. That's always nice to know :) I mean, really, what if he popped out with three?

Just another one of my former irrational pregnancy fears (extra appendages)