I can't believe this is the last monthly update I'll be doing for Seth. From here on out you'll all be subject to random updates when he decides to do something especially awesome. Like learn how to walk or say "Mama" (yes, we are STILL waiting on that one).
So here's Sir Setherus at one year:
*Official stats: 20 lbs. 6 oz. 30.5 in.
*He loves, loves, loves to play in the open fridge. If he sees you open the door, he'll run over there in his walker and shove you out of the way. At least, he DID, until...
*He graduated from his walker, per his dad's dictate. Apparently it's time for him to learn to walk without the walker. I can't say I miss all the cuts and bruises on my ankles, but it was nice to slap him in there and let him go...
*Now that he's pulling up, the dishwasher is a blast. He's always pulling out the silverware (clean or dirty) and putting it in his mouth. He also likes putting his cereal pieces into the bottom of the dishwasher so I have to stick my head in there and pull them all out before I can start it. Unfortunately, Seth thinks he should have the same access to the oven, especially when I'm putting something into/taking something out of it.
*He's learned some sweet new tricks: smacking his lips, giving high-fives, and waving (sporadically).
*New vocabulary words: "cheese"--means "cheese", "trees", and/or "geeze". Also, "deeeeeeeeeessssss" which apparently has something to do with dogs, since he makes that noise every time he sees one.
*He can turn off lightswitches. This is actually very helpful: now when I have Seth in one arm and laundry in the other, I don't have to perform any precarious balancing acts to turn off the light.
*He FINALLY figured out how to lay back down from a sitting position. Now we ignore him when he wakes up at night (until 5:30 am, that is. Then he STILL thinks he needs to eat).
*He is an official stair-climber. Can't get down them, but he can go all the way up!
*Forward facing carseat. Oh, yeah.
*He has invented his own game. He grabs a washcloth, puts it on his head, and then laughs hysterically until he takes it off. Repeat. Repeat again.
*Peanut butter--tried it, loved it, no reaction. Hallelujah.
*He's weaned. I'm happy because it's so convenient to just give him a bottle, but sad to know he's forever past that baby stage.
*He's taken his first steps! Granted, they were a little drunken since he gets giddy every time we let him practice, but it's a start.
One year old. I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast.
Monday, July 20, 2009
My One-Year-Old
at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
He is so cute! Time flies with a baby. It only gets faster as he gets older, too. I love reading your anecdotes.
Wow, this year has really flown by! Seth just keeps getting cuter and cuter! Honestly now that the first year is over time seems to speed by even faster and before you know it you will have a two year old bossing you around. Be thankful that he is not speaking full sentences yet!
He is so cute. Does he have red hair? I looks kind of like it in the carseat picture.
Wow Meg, I can't believe you have a one year old. I feel like I have watched him grow up through your blogs and still can't believe it.
Post a Comment