Sunday, July 12, 2009

To My Sweet Baby



Dear Seth,

How is it possible that you're already a year old? I've spent every single day of the past year with you--changing diapers, playing games, rocking you to sleep--and time still managed to slip by too quickly.

I've known since we were driving home from the hospital the day after you were born that our lives would never be the same again. It hasn't always been easy--there have been (and still are) long nights, fussy days, and tears that I can't stop. But those moments are easily overpowered by moments of joy--watching you learn a new skill, seeing your cheesy little grin, and holding you while you sleep. And you're just getting to be more and more fun every day.

I love being your mom. I've never felt so contented with my life before. And I love watching you and your daddy. You love him best of all and I don't blame you one bit--he's the best daddy in the world.

Before I know it you're going to grow up and leave me. But I want you to know that I love you more than I ever thought it was possible to love someone. I'm excited to watch you grow--to watch you take advantage of all the good things life has in store for you.

Happy 1st Birthday, Mr. Chubbers. I love you more than you'll ever know.

Love, Mom

10 comments:

Megan Turnidge said...

Awwww! Sweet post, Megan!!! Happy birthday, Seth!!!! :D

HeavenlyHome said...

reaching for the Kleenex!!!!
From one momma to another, it keeps getting better!

Ashlee said...

Happy Birthday Seth!! You I can't believe he is already one. It only gets better as they get older.

Adrian said...

You made it! Congratulations! You survived the first year. And it sounds like you've discovered why it is that people have kids. I hope the next year is even better!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday little Seth!

Kristina said...

Happy Birthday to Seth!

Pfft, you ran a 5k without training at all which is very impressive in my book!
I can't believe you've been a mom for a year. Weird. Totally. Utterly. Weird.

Holly said...

What a sweet post. I can't believe he's a year old already!!! Where does the time go? Happy birthday Seth!

Kellie said...

It's hard to believe a year has already gone by. He is so sweet!

Jen Bowen said...

Happy Birthday Seth! This is such a fun age!

Tasty Tidbits said...

That year went by fast! It seems like you just had him. Such a sweet boy. Happy birthday Seth!