Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Vocabulary Word

And no, it's still not "Mommy."

Seth is in love with cars right now. He has about a dozen of them in his toy basket in the kitchen. He loves it when Jon & I play with him. We roll the cars across the floor/table and then say "crash!" when they hit something.

Saturday night Seth started imitating us: "cash, cash, cash." But Jon refuses to count it as a genuine Seth-word until he uses it without prompting.

So during the hour when we were supposed to be in Sunday School yesterday (but never are, thanks to Seth), Seth was playing in the chapel. First he was sermonizing and singing opera from the stand, but then got bored and moved onto his favorite activity: pulling out the hymnbooks.

And guess what he was saying as he dropped them to the floor? "Crash! Crash!" Guess that makes it official...

(Disclaimer: I do not support the throwing of hymnbooks on the floor. He usually only gets a few out before we catch him and distract him with something else. Still working on the concept of "no".)

5 comments:

Kristina said...

You're such an awful mother for letting your baby crash hymnals to the floor.... yeah right! He probably thinks you're the coolest, lol.

HeavenlyHome said...

Thanks goodness for the disclaimer!!! I might have had to call the hymnal cops on you!!!
One thing is for sure, though--you've got one brilliant little guy! He probably can say momma, but is just holding you in suspense!

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Haha that's cute. I wouldn't worry too much about teaching him 'no' because as soon as they learn it, they say it back!

Adrian said...

That is a funny story! I love it when they start in with the words!!

Sommer said...

lol I wish I could hear him say that, what a funny little guy! By the way, I need that potato soup recipe and bread recipe, holy cow it was amazing!!!!! Me and my sister were in heaven!