Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Little Catch-Up

I have to blog about all my pictures, otherwise I forget what's going on when it comes time for scrapbooking.

August 23rd, 2009--Week #2 of Jon's Stupid Class

Debbie invited me & Seth to go with her and her daughters Angelina & Nikki to Hammerman Beach. She also invited Genny and her grandkids Cassidy & Keegan. So we had quite the little party at the beach.

I'm so glad she told me about this place! It's just over 30 minutes away, costs $3/person for Maryland residents, and was perfect for Seth. The 'beach' isn't actually the Atlantic--it's part of the Bay. Which meant there really were no waves. Like I said--perfect for Seth.
He loved splashing in the water with Angelina (they've actually swapped buckets in this picture. The other kid's toys are always better). Once again, she was much braver than he--she would have walked all the way in over her head if Debbie had let her.

(Nikki holding a terrified Cassidy, Debbie & Angelina, Genny & Keegan)

Seth, on the other hand, just wanted to crawl around on the sand and investigate the little pier nearby.
Until he got bored--at which point he headed for the water headfirst. He would have kept going, too, if Debbie hadn't grabbed him.Bad timing for us, though. It was Seth's naptime, and he fell apart. I took him on a nice long walk in the stroller and talked to my mom while he slept. By the time he woke up it was time to go. I'm so excited for next summer--he's going to LOVE it here!

2 comments:

Sommer said...

Hammerman Beach is a wonderful place, we discovered it last year and have been a fan ever since. Those are some great pics, looks like it was a lot of fun.

AZ Mikesells said...

I wonder what he'll think of Aunt Lori's beach next summer???