Friday, September 18, 2009

In Less than 24 Hours...

...Seth has done the following:

*fallen down while walking, thus giving himself a giant goose egg on his forehead (on top of the one that was already on his forehead)

*woken up screaming 3 or 4 times last night because he's too exhausted to fall asleep (why, oh, why does he think he only needs one nap?)

*fallen down while climbing up the cement porch stairs, thus adding a nice scrape/bruise just to the right of his goose egg

*woken up screaming twice from his nap, then finally fell asleep in my arms (and I still love when that happens, rare as it is now)

*Teething. Again. How many stinking teeth does this kid need? I hope they're all coming in at once. I'll take one big trauma over this perpetual trauma (and the nasty runny nose that ALWAYS goes with it).

Now I need a nap. Thank heavens it's Friday and Jon lets me sleep in on Saturday mornings...

5 comments:

Linda said...

I've heard - and I believe - that motherhood is the hardest job there is. Just hang in there and enjoy the good times. It almost seems like yesterday that Sam had a perpetual goose egg right in the middle of his forehead. One would heal just in time for him to bruise it again. I can smile about it now...

Adrian said...

Just remember what you wrote, oh, two posts ago? "I love being a mom!" Hang in there! Eventually he'll stop growing teeth. Cause if he doesn't, he's a shark or an elephant, and either way your grocery bill is going to be HUGE.

Alicia said...

Poor little Seth. Hope that goose egg goes away soon. I remember when Weston seemed to always have a permanent bruise or goose egg on his forehead. Fun times!

Julie said...

Teething is the worst! (We're not there yet, but my friend's little girl is...) Anyway, I have a recommendation for you: Hyland's Teething Tablets. They are pretty reasonably priced and you can get them at Walgreens or probably Whole Foods or a health food store. They're homeopathic tablets and you just crush 2-3 between two spoons or dissolve in a spoonful of water or just give to the baby to chew on (they're tiny and they dissolve really quickly). They work like MAGIC. My mom used them with my little brother and swears by them, and I have a friend who does too. And my pediatrician actually recommends them. Anyway, they help with the pain and they have chamomile in them to help calm the baby too (and might help him sleep a little).

Of course, I'd check with your pediatrician to make sure it's okay for you guys, since I'm THAT kind of mom... but it's probably worth looking into!

Sommer said...

man hang in there, it will get better. How sweet that Jon lets you sleep in on Saturdays, I am way impressed!