Tuesday, November 3, 2009

For those who asked...

To get the stretched out blog template like ours:

Go to Layout, and select Pick New Template.

The first option in the second row has three options:
Minima Lefty
Minima Stretch
Minima Lefty Stretch

Our blog is using Minima Lefty Stretch. If you'd rather have your links/photos/etc. on the right side of the screen, choose Minima Stretch.

WARNING: Choosing a new template will get rid of any color schemes or fonts you've selected. It will keep all your posts/pictures/links, though.

Once you've saved the template, you can do whatever you want with the colors. Blogger lets you mess around with them a little bit, but you can do more if you feel like messing with the html. Here's a good website that will give you the html codes for the colors you like (you can plug them into the the Blogger "Fonts and Colors" page where it says "Edit color hex code").

Getting a header that fits correctly can be tricky, too. Ours is 1112px × 350px. The height is perfect, but (obviously) the width isn't quite long enough to fill the header wrapper. So yours can be a bit wider and still fit.

FYI: If you already have the correct dimensions on your picture, DON'T select "Shrink to Fit" on the upload page.

I used a combination of Picasa and Microsoft Paint to make ours. Classy, I know.

TO CHANGE YOUR FONTS:

Go to this website and do exactly what they say. I used their font named "Little Pot." If you need help changing colors or font sizes on your blog, let me know and I can help out.

That's all there is to it! Good luck!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Thank you thank you!

AZ Mikesells said...

Sorry Megs, you're going to have to show me at Christmas. I have to watch and take notes...