Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hello, My Name is Megan and I Live at the Church

Sunday November 1st: 3 hours of church + one presidency meeting after

Tuesday November 3rd: 1 hour of Mutual (insanity) plus 1/2 hour cleaning up

Thursday November 5th: 1 1/2 hours of Stake YW Presidency Training, plus 1 hour driving time

Saturday November 7th: Ditched Super Saturday to go to the temple. Total time: 5 1/4 hours

Sunday November 8th: At church 15 minutes early + 3 hours church+ Linger Longer+presidency meeting +choir practice+fireside

Monday November 9th: 2 hours setting up for YW in Excellence

Tuesday November 10th: 1 hour setting up, 1 hour of YW in Excellence, 1 hour cleaning up after

Wednesday November 11th: Choir practice (which I have to ditch because of a piano lesson. Sorry Catherine!)

Friday November 13th: Regional Auxiliary Training. 2 hours + 3 hours driving time

Saturday November 14th: Ward service project/swap meet=2 hours

Sunday November 15th: 3 hours of church + presidency meeting

TOTAL for two weeks (approximate): 33 hours

Don't get me wrong--I LOVE serving with the Young Women. But this time of year makes me want to scream. Or go inactive for a couple of months.

Thank heaven for Thanksgiving and Christmas vacation...

7 comments:

AZ Mikesells said...

YW was the busiest calling I've EVER had. RS President had less meetings and a broader base of people to help with the huge workload. I'm still behind from my YW years (that's when my scrapbooks stop). I'm hoping to spend the rest of my life serving in Primary - chorister required a lot of prep time, but rarely extra meetings. Sunbeams - HEAVEN!!!

Jen Bowen said...

Yikes! What does Seth do during all of this?

Cori said...

Haha...I felt like this in college. Then someone reminded me that tithing is not just money, but time as well. I think you've hit the 10% mark!

Anonymous said...

Meg, I know how you feel minus the piano lessons and add in running In and out of things for feedings. We just had YW in excellence and I spent that time plus the previous two weeks making crafts/gifts for the girls, making and delivering invitations(tracking down inactive parents and girls) developing the program, sewing table cloths and value flags in my "spare" time....and to top it off the bishop has the nerve to ask for me to set up the annual area thanksgiving dinner without a budget! (200+people on the 17th) This time of year is insane!

Sommer said...

Man I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like this sometimes. I totally have felt this way many times. Good luck!

HeavenlyHome said...

Oh, but you are in good company with the other residents at the church...I call first dibs on camping in the nursery room!

Adrian said...

bet you know the fastest route to the chapel and back.