Thursday, November 19, 2009

More Sethisms

I had to cancel my piano lesson this afternoon because my poor little baby is sick (just in time for the holidays!). But I have to admit, I kind of like it when he's sick. It's the only time he'll snuggle with me.

Of course, now that his medicine has kicked in, he's off and running again. So I'll blog while he watches Lion King. ('Watch' is used very loosely. At the moment his back is to the screen and he's throwing ducks around).

I love, love, love this age. He's getting more self-entertaining, doing new things every day, and generally just makes us laugh.

Seth and Books:
This child is addicted to books. We read to him when he goes to sleep. We read to him again when he wakes up. Then we read to him several times during the day when he walks up to us with books and says, "please?"

He loves finding the kitty in the books we're reading. If the page doesn't have a cat, we can't get a single sentence out before he's turning to the next one. He's also getting good at finding cows and ducks.

A friend in the ward passed along a book with buttons that you press to make noises. I thought Seth would love it--a book that makes obnoxious noises, two of his favorite things. Turns out he's terrified of it. As in chin quivering, wailing, run away kind of terrified. Guess we'll save that one for later...

Seth's Words
He's picking up new words almost every day. My favorite addition is 'bubbles' (buh-ba). My new screen saver is a bunch of bubbles that bounce around, so now every time he sees my screen he points and says, "Buh-ba." At which point I have to stop whatever I'm doing and turn on the screen saver until he gets distracted by something else.

Other new words: push, trees, duck, balloon.

He's also really into grabbing my phone and running around with it by his ear, babbling away. He actually managed to answer it yesterday when someone called it. Don't know who it was, but they got an earful. They didn't call back.

Seth's comprehension is getting better and better. Except when it comes to the phrase "come here." When he hears that one he'll stop what he's doing, look at me, and then run away. Stinker.

To sum it up: I have the smartest, sweetest, cutest baby on the planet.

3 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

It's nice to have an un-biased opinion of your little darling!

Sommer said...

I read this whole post with a huge smile. He raelly is all those things Megan, I love him! I love his age he's at, it has to be my all time favorite too.

Adrian said...

Yes, see, this is why there are so many babies two years apart- because they get to this age, and wow, this is so fun, let's have another one! I love this age, too. See- it was totally worth it, wasn't it? :)