We're back home after a quick but fun trip to see the family in West Virginia. Why, you ask? Because...
As always, we had a fabulous time with the Bloods. Seth was in heaven--a 5 gallon bucket of cars + Uncle Jakey to play with (wherever Jacob was in the house, Seth was) + cousin Rebekah to run around with. He really is the happiest little guy while we're there. Except he has a hard time falling asleep because he's so excited about all the fun things to do.
Seth, Rebekah (drinking Seth's milk) and James
Jon kept himself busy around the house: cleaning out the entire fridge and freezer (with the help of Dad, Joanna & James), replacing the mailbox that James tried to run over with the car, and setting up hotel rooms for the wedding next month. Somehow he still found the time to pester his siblings and complain about losing while playing Mario Kart on the Wii.
I, on the other hand, kept myself busy trying to remember how to speak Spanish. Claudia was a very patient listener--I read, listen and write much better than I speak. But it was fun to get some practice! We managed to figure out wedding cakes and hairstyles using our Spanglish! Luckily I can understand her Spanish really well. Apparently Peruvian Spanish is the easiest for non-native speakers to understand. Thank heaven!
Scott was a very gracious teacher (as he should be, considering that was what he did for a living until Rebekah was born). He brought me a Spanish reader and sat on the couch for a couple of hours correcting my pronunciation and answering my questions (and Jacob's, too). Probably not how he would have preferred to spend vacation time, but I really, really appreciated the help. Thanks, Scott!
By Sunday evening, I found myself translating everything I heard into Spanish. I could even understand 90% of the conversations between Stephen, Claudia, Aaron & Scott. I told Claudia I'm going to have to call her up on Skype--then she can practice her English and I can practice my Spanish.
I didn't get as many pictures as I meant to. I forgot the camera when we went to the wave pool, brought the camera but forgot to use it at the ward BBQ, and forgot to get a picture of Seth and Claudia. He LOVES her. If he wasn't with Jacob, he was with Claudia. If he got hurt, he went to Claudia. She's fantastic with him. And I forgot to get a picture...
But I did get the boys to pose for pictures for our 'family pictures' wall (we're putting pictures up along our basement stairwell so Seth can see all his relatives and learn their names).
James and Rebekah
James & Aaron
Timmy & Rebekah
(Seth wouldn't cooperate for pictures, so we got lots of pictures of Rebekah)
Mom & Dad Blood--thank you SO much for letting us crash at your house (again). Thank you for finding me pictures of you and your parents for our family picture wall, and for trusting me to take them home because we couldn't find a working scanner. Dad, thank you for the tour of the garden and for the amazing tomatoes and corn. Maybe next year we can visit in June when everything is starting to peak. We appreciate everything you do for us!
Oh, and I ran another 5K. My second in two months. Sure, I was the last of the runners to finish (they had a walking group, too) but I was still proud of myself. I ran 2/3 of the distance, so about 2 miles. And I haven't ran since my last race. Not bad for a pregnant asthmatic lady, huh?





11 comments:
Glad to hear the Bloods put their visiting children to work also. You'll be happy that you'll be too big and prego at Thanksgiving to be chopping limbs off the huge tree.
Yay- congrats!! I have seriously been waiting for this post for a couple of months! I was just expecting you to have another one soon! I'll hope for a little girl for you- they are the best and so are February babies :)
Sounds like a fun trip! You just snuck that little bit about being pregnant in the end there. congrats! our ward is completely out of control with pregnant ladies. how have you been feeling?
I KNEW you were pregnant!! I'm not kidding...a couple of days ago I even told Shawn that I thought you were pregnant. A few weeks ago in YW when we all stood up to say the theme I saw you put your hand on your belly, you probably didn't even think twice about it...but thats when I knew you were!! Congrats! I am so happy for you guys.
Ok I've totally been thinking you were too, I'm glad to know I was right. The thing is Megan you are so stikin tiny, I mean seriously a skinny minny but I did notice a little belly on you the past two weeks I've seen you so I just knew. I'm so so happy for you! It sounds like you are due a week or so after Kara Parsons. How exciting!!!!!
Congratulations! Way to sneak it in there at the end.
Congratulations!!
CONGRATS, Megan! How exciting!!
Congrats!!! I've been expecting an announcement after your exciting cruise and all... :D. Good luck, keep us updated on the gender!
Congrats Megan!!! When I was pregnant with Riley Matt kept telling me he was sure we were having a girl, and I kind of got my hopes up. He was wrong, but I've enjoyed having two boys. Once again our due dates aren't very far apart! Maybe one of these days we will be in WV at the same time!
Congrats on baby #2!! So exciting!
Post a Comment