Monday, August 16, 2010

Because it's finally not a sauna outside...

...I bought myself a bike!  

"Oooh!  Big Mommy bike!" (Yes, that is exactly what he said).

It's nothing special--just for riding around our neighborhood.  And nowhere else.  Because, unlike the fabulousness that is Tucson, Arizona, there are NO bike lines around here.  And no shoulders.  Which means if I try to leave my neighborhood on a bike, I will die.  No joke.

Maybe we should invest in one of those bike racks for our car...

I finally got to enjoy my Mother's Day gift.  Three months later.  And Seth enjoyed it, too.  I thought he'd have a fit when I put his helmet on, but he was excited about his 'hat'.  Thank heaven for Lightning McQueen helmets that were on sale!
(He really does like to 'ride a bike'.  I swear.)

It felt good to bike again.  I was pretty proud of myself.  My legs weren't even sore the next day (okay, so we only biked about 2 miles).  But then we went out riding the next day.  My legs were still fine, but let's just say that I could have really gone for a gelled bike seat.  Or one made of ice.  Thank heaven I didn't have to play the organ on Sunday...

We're trying to get as much riding in as we can now that it's cooled off.  I figure we're good until at least December, right?





 Me llamo Megan: How I used to be fluent

2 comments:

Sommer said...

oh how fun! I want to get one of those carriages. How fun!

Adrian said...

Go Megan! Riding bikes is fun!