Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ghosts of Christmases Past

Just for you, Catherine!

Not sure I have dates for all of them, but here we go!

1995--One of my annual Christmas plays, written and directed by me.  This was definitely the best one.


1995 again (I think?)--Christmas at the Mikesells.  I love this picture of Kenna.  Possibly even more than I love the picture of her in the snowman outfit as seen previously.


1998?--Christmas Eve Nativity play with the Sharps.  Somehow Matt & I got conned into playing Mary & Joseph...

 Quite possibly 1998 also.  Why my sisters are all in dresses and I'm in jeans is a mystery to me...


2004--I was a sophomore at BYU and Kenna a Senior in high school.


 Same year as above (2004).  I made that scarf because one of my roommates had a dream about me wearing a white sweater and red scarf ("and you looked so hot!").  Apparently I thought I looked pretty good since I'm wearing the EXACT SAME OUTFIT in our Blood family picture two years later...


 You think there are a lot of people in this picture?  You should see us now...


And, because I want my sisters to hate me forever, here is Christmas morning 2007 in all it's glory:
 Notice that both Jon & I have double chins.  We're a match made in heaven, we are.


 Christmas 2008--Seth's first Christmas


...and Christmas 2009, a stunning picture taken after a very, very long night.  And yes, that hair is still recovering from my Scully costume haircut disaster.

I'm not sure I want any family pictures taken this year as I am definitely in my third trimester, and thus definitely starting to wonder what happened to the cheekbones I used to have.  Why can't I be one of those women who just get cute bellies instead of cute bellies and swollen feet, hands and face?

5 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Good for you!!! Now if only some others would follow our lead!!!!
Thanks for the smiles!

Dawn said...

oh cute Megan. Maybe I will do this. I love the picture of you with the sweater and scarf. And oh get over it, you are an adorable pregnant lady. Enjoy it, flaunted it, it will be over soon. ;)

Sommer said...

Oh this was so fun! If I get time I'll do one too. I was just thinking tonight and this past Sunday how good you look. Don't be so hard on yourself (easier said then done though right?)

Eric and Hilary said...

seriously, you do look really cute. but i totally know the feeling. i am so excited to be done with this hideousness in a couple weeks (or less)!

AZ Mikesells said...

Ah Meg, you make me laugh! I'm glad you love old family pictures as much as I do. I'm really glad you actually get them blogged!!!
Christmas pictures 7 1/2 months pregnant will be easy after bridesmaid/sister/family/wedding photos the week before. I'm very very excited for that sisters picture.