Saturday, December 11, 2010

Life at 30 weeks Pregnant

Hi, my name is Megan and I'm terrified of pregnancy pictures.

Okay, I'm actually 31 weeks, but this picture was taken at 30.

Not long ago I was commenting to one of my friends that I felt great--most of the time it was easy to forget that I was even pregnant (except at night when I had to make two bathroom trips).  Well, my friends, the honeymoon of trimester #2 is over.

Sometimes I think the sheer uncomfortableness of the third trimester is specifically designed for people like me.  You know, the kind of people who are terrified about having a baby, even though they're already more than halfway done producing one.  It's not that I'm not excited to meet her, it's just that the logistics of two kids terrify me (kind of like how the logistics of one kid terrified me with Seth). 

I have a good friend who is due two weeks before me.  About a month ago she made a comment about how long this pregnancy seemed to be taking.  I was actually a little shocked--I'm amazed at how FAST this pregnancy is going!  Maybe it's because life is busier now.  Or maybe it's because I'm definitely nervous about how I'm supposed to be a mommy to two, plus keep doing all the things I was doing before. 

I know, I know.  People do it all the time.  I know everything will be fine.  But I'm a planner (read: worrier) by nature.  I want to know exactly how things are going to go before they happen so I can anticipate every possible discrepancy.  And you can't do that with babies. 

The good news is that between now and February, life is going to be busy.  So busy that I (hopefully) won't have time to worry.  Instead, I'll focus all my energy into my various nesting projects: paint our bedroom, sort baby girl clothes, hang pictures in Seth's room, finish our 2009 family scrapbook...  This nesting thing is new to me--I didn't have ANY nesting tendencies with Seth.  But I kind of like it. 
Here's to the next 10 weeks (plus or minus a couple weeks for good measure)!

7 comments:

Sommer said...

oh Megan I don't know why you don't like taking more pictures, you are so beautiful and such a cute pregnant woman! It makes me jealous. I can understand what you mean about being nervous with rocking the boat. It will be hard for a few weeks but it will get easier and even better then life now. It really will and you will be a wonderful mom of two. You can do it Megan!

AZ Mikesells said...

You obviously didn't inherit the 'large as a barge' pregnant lady look. I'm thinking you're more like Grandma Danice with the early labor, early delivery, and staying tiny.

AZ Mikesells said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

"Or maybe it's because I'm definitely nervous about how I'm supposed to be a mommy to two, plus keep doing all the things I was doing before."


ok that is the key. You can't be a mother of two and do everything you do now. At least not for a long while.
Two mottos I try to keep in mind are "People before things" and doing "good enough" even though we would like to do a lot better. ;)

Jenn said...

that's funny. i feel the exact same way. I am seriously SO scared of having 3 kids that I don't think I've come to the point yet that I'm just DYING to have this baby just yet, but the discomfort is starting to out weigh...only 3 weeks left for me! YIKES!

HeavenlyHome said...

Dawn is brilliant!!! Print that out and put it on your mirror, in your scriptures, taped to the microwave....
When we bring home babies, we always say "I wonder what the NEW normal will be...". and it has always been wonderful!
hope I didn't scare your pants of about potty training today.....

Jen Bowen said...

I was terrified of juggling two kids but if I can do it you definitely can. As long as you accept that your time to get things done will be dramatically cut down, all will be well. It's helped me a ton to have a backpack thing to carry Caleb around in so I still have two hands to use on Zach when we're doing anything outside of the apartment.