Monday, March 28, 2011

One Month



(I'm a little late with this post--we were too busy playing with family for me to upload pictures!)

Part of me wants to say, "I can't believe it's been a month already", because I really can't!  But the other part of me realizes we're only a third of the way through Baby Boot Camp and it seems so slow...but at least it was the hardest third!

So here's Catherine at one month:

*You have absolutely no nursing schedule.  Usually you'll nurse every three hours during the day, but frequently it's four and sometimes five if you have a long nap.  And you don't eat very much--sometimes I feel like you've hardly started to nurse before you're done.  You are SO not your brother...

*You also have no sleeping schedule.  We're sort of doing the 'witching hour' from 6:30 to 11:00 pm, at which point you'll knock yourself out for at least four hours.  One night it was seven.  But it's not consistent.  You do have your days and night figured out, unless you decide you need to poop at 4am.  Then you're awake until you get it all out of your system.

*You want to be held ALL THE TIME.  I need to buy a sling...

*You love being swaddled.  Almost as much as you love your pacifier (and I though Seth was a pacifier junkie...)

*You hate tummy time, but you're remarkably good at it.  We always get some good head lifts along with all your fussing.

*You handle your big brother's 'loves' fairly well unless you're dead asleep.  Then you wake up screaming.

You handled Seth's 'decorating' with great apathy...


One day you'll get him back for this, I'm sure.

*You are just a happy baby.  Even when you're fussing, it's more of a squirm with an occasional yelp.  If you would go to sleep on your own, you'd be perfect!

*You hate the swing that goes front to back.  Luckily we also have one that swings side-to-side.

*You are smiling at us already!  Seth didn't smile until three or four months, so this is so fun for us.

*You're 50/50 on the car seat thing.  50% of the time you'll sleep and 50% of the time you'll scream.

*Some nights you get yourself so overstimulated that you just have to yell at us for 5 minutes or so.  I feel pretty guilty while you're doing it, but once it's done, you calm right down and sleep.  Just need to release some tension, I guess...

*You had awful baby acne right before your blessing.  But by some miracle it pretty much cleared up a few days before the big day.

*We love your fat face, your double chin, and your monkey face.  We're so glad you're here, Princess!

As for me, I'm doing pretty well.  I made it three weeks before I had my first good cry (she had been awake for almost 5 hours straight and I WAS DONE).  But within a few days I had my first day where I felt like time was going by too quickly and that I really was going to be able to enjoy this two-kid thing instead of just surviving it.  I'm still counting down months until she is sleeping consistently at night, but I'll be okay until then.

And, just for fun, here are the nursery pictures I couldn't find the other day (this was before she was born, so her pictures aren't up yet):


And guess what?  Daffodils popping up in our front yard=SPRING!!!


3 comments:

Adrian said...

Love the photo with the stickers on the head. Super fun. Hopefully she figures out the idea of schedule sooner rather than later!! I'm glad you're hanging in there. Is it easier the second time around?

Holly said...

So I know I'm a few days late commenting, but I wanted to let you know that I was eagerly awaiting this post to see how you guys were doing. I love the stickers! Thankfully Tucker hasn't tried anything like that yet. (But I secretly want him to do something funny like that so I can get funny pictures.) :) Hang in there!

HeavenlyHome said...

LOVE those chins and cheekies...and the bow! Such a blesses momma!