Her first bow (See? I listen, Catherine W!)
Seth picked out her (gender neutral) outfit, so I figured we'd better add a bow. It lasted a few hours...
Official two week weigh in: 8 lbs. 2 oz. (and 20.5 inches)
I chunk my babies up quickly.
Here are some things I want to remember (for myself) about life at two weeks after delivery:
*You really can survive on not much sleep
*Better dress your kid up in those newborn outfits ASAP because by the next week you won't be able to get them on
One of the adorable outfits I got at my baby shower. Love the booties!
And no, she will not be able to get that chubby tummy inside the tiny onesie again...
*Seth had a schedule: eat every two hours like clockwork. Catherine has a schedule, too: if she wakes up (all the way--sometimes she'll go right back to sleep) it takes 90 minutes to two hours to get her back to sleep, regardless of what we try--pacifiers, swings, nursing, walking... Fine at 9am. Not so fun at 2 am. At least she's happy while she's wide awake...
*Boppy-sitting and painkillers were done at about 10 days. And I'm almost to the point where it doesn't take 30 minutes every time I use the bathroom. I think that's officially my least favorite part of postpartum life.
*You can be within three pounds of your pre-pregnancy weight and still not be able to fit into your normal pants. Which is totally okay since your maternity pants are super comfortable anyway.
*You eat only because if you don't you get lightheaded. Food never sounds good. But water...that always sounds good!
*You should probable just sleep on a towel since you'll be waking up sweating like you're in a sauna several times a night.
The first bath. She was thrilled, as you can see.
Life was much better after being wrapped in her towel.
Looking a little battle-weary after surviving her first bath.
*Just buy the Lansinoh nursing pads. Sure, they're more expensive, but TOTALLY WORTH IT. You can downgrade to the cheap ones later. And buy the big box--you'll go through it in the first week. Week #2 is much more manageable (and the nursing pain is gone!).
*By 6pm you will be totally beat (and brain-dead). The idea of staying up to watch a movie makes you want to cry--you'd rather just go to bed at 7 pm.
*You will never love your husband more than when he (without hesitation) takes your baby at 3 am so you can go back to sleep.
Seth also looks stunning in Catherine's bow.
*You swear you won't do this again until your mom can come help. For two months.
*The best things people can do to help are bring food and play with Seth. We've been blessed with awesome friends.
*Do whatever it takes to get that baby to sleep. Pacifier, nursing, swing, rocking, cuddling...and don't feel guilty about it! My babies have no trouble getting enough to eat, but they do have trouble falling asleep on their own.
*Just accept the fact that your current schedule is no schedule. She eats when she wants to, sleeps when she wants to, and doesn't sleep when you want her to. It will get better. Hopefully.
The Princess







8 comments:
She is a princess!!! And good job documenting the first bow!!!!
Enjoy those comfy maternity pants for another week or so...because you are looking FABULOUS and will be back to those regular pants anyday!
Seth is also dashing in his bow!
Good luck! Those first few months with two are SO rough. We've all been there, so if you are struggling, just do what you have to do to SURVIVE and don't feel guilty!! =) She's lovely and he's as precious as ever.
Tell her to QUIT growing until we get there. She can start sleeping, but she can't grow! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bows - especially on Seth!
It will definitely get better - you sound like you're dealing marvelously (even though it doesn't feel like it). She's a beauty!
Amen, on the going to the bathroom for 30 mins! This is so good to document things for the future! IT does get better my girl is sleeping 8-5 am!! Hopefully your girls sleep will get longer soon!
hang in there! She's beautiful. Don't you feel so much better about baby handling the second time around?
Oh how I wish we were neighbors! I love reading your posts & seeing how you deal with the same situations I'm going through. I feel like we should email each other every day to check in. :) I feel guilty that I've had so much help from my mom & mother-in-law...when will your mom be able to come out? Hang in there! And keep posting! Catherine is adorable!!!
ugh I totally know how you feel. It's only been less then five months ago and already I have blocked out so much of it. It really is traumatic! It must be a coping mechanism given to us so we forget and want more kids =) Don't ever feel bad about the binky, I get really annoyed when people give me flack about it, seriously have they seen our babies? We do chunk them up quick. It's not like they are going to be wither away and forget to eat and not be hungry because they are sucking on a binky. Grrrr. You're doing a great job Megan!
Post a Comment