Growing up we always alternated--one year we'd have a 'friend' birthday party, the next just family.
It's a great idea in theory, but unfortunately we have no family out here to celebrate with!
So Seth got another 'friend' party, but I kept it super simple this year:
we partied at a local park and everyone brought their own lunch.
How cool am I? Best birthday party idea ever.
Seth was very specific about his cake this year.
It was to be a light purple fire truck and it was to taste like lemon.
And here it is--a lemon cake with raspberry filling and lemon/cream cheese icing:
(please don't judge harshly--once again, we were going for flavor over fondant)
(and I was also trying to make it as un-girly as is possible for a light purple fire truck)
We had a small party with Seth's good friends:
(notice the Princess standing on the table? Standard fare around here)
Jon lights the candles:
My favorite Seth picture:
Please note--he covered his ears BEFORE the singing even started.
That is my son.
It was the perfect party for him--lots of space, lots of friends, and simple gifts (fruit snacks and a sucker, for example). Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with us!
2 comments:
I love the cake. And the party at a park was a great idea!! Happy birthday, Seth!
The cake turned out great! How funny Seth wanted light purple. Love the other 18 or so posts I just caught up on. I wish we lived closer to each other.
Post a Comment