Sunday, August 19, 2012

Plumpton Park Zoo

We met up with some friends at a local (ish) zoo.  It's pretty small, but they let you feed most of the animals.
This was the first animal we saw, and Seth would have fed it his entire cup if I hadn't stopped him:

I wasn't sure how Catherine would do.  I was worried about her getting her fingers bitten or throwing a fit because she hates having dirty hands.  Boy was I wrong--she was in seventh heaven!
  If you look carefully, you can see her grin: 

Seth loved the peacocks and insisted on feeding them, even though they didn't touch the food: 

This ostrich was pacing the fence, biting each individual section to test it.
Thank heaven it held up, because I would NOT want that thing near my kids.


Here is a happy Princess feeding a goat.  He later repaid her by butting her over when her back was turned.
Then she was not so happy. 

This pen had goats and sheep together.  The girls were very offended that the pushy goats were taking more than their fair share of food.  This is them trying to lure the goat away so they can feed the sheep. 

Gabe & Seth discuss the girls' efforts: 

Just before we left to eat, we got to watch them bring in a brand new brown bear.
Glad we were on the other side of a fence--that bear was NOT happy: 

On the way out I told Seth he could have a popsicle.  When I asked him which one (they had a poster with pictures), he confidently responded, "Sponge the Bob."  4-year-olds are awesome.

1 comments:

AZ Mikesells said...

What is a bear doing at the petting zoo? You really need to get your kids to Uncle Brian and Aunt Kenna's zoo - their goats are smaller!