Here's what Seth is up to at four years old:
-buckling himself in his car seat (finally)
-getting himself dressed all by himself (he still has a hard time with buttons on shirts)
-can take care of his own bathroom business, but still can't quite make it through the night
-does his "jobs", which include helping set the table and cleaning up all his toys
-not sure about height and weight (his appointment is in September), but he's still in 3T clothes and 7-8 shoes.
-loves macaroni & cheese, plain rice & noodles, hot dogs, peaches, pears, apples with no skin, and grapes. Will not touch anything that could possibly be a vegetable.
-he would honestly sit and let me read books to him all day. Right now he loves Little Critter books, Berenstain Bears, Shel Siverstein poems, and anything about cars/trucks.
-can read simple 3 letter words, but doesn't usually want to
-always wants to show us his "cool tricks" on his bike or with his cars
-favorite Sethism of the moment: "you got forgot"
-every night he asks for stories about "someone got hurt," at which point we rack our brains trying to think of ANOTHER story about ourselves/parents/siblings/friends getting hurt to tell him. A little morbid, I know.
-loves building with Legos and blocks. What does he build? Cars and trucks.
-hates Primary, but still goes. Especially hates Singing Time--it's too loud and crazy for him.
-alternates between begging Catherine to come play with him in the basement and screaming at her for touching his cars. Loves to make her laugh.
-after baths, he puts on his monkey towel and runs around while Catherine chases him, saying, "Woof, woof!"
-asks frequently if we can "go places at night."
-almost never lets me snuggle/kiss/hug him anymore, which means I have to wrestle him to get a kiss.
-somehow associates flowers with getting married. Yesterday he gave me a dandelion "because I got forgot to give you one when you got married."
I followed him around with the video camera and asked him some questions about himself, then transcribed his answers for your enjoyment:
What's your favorite color? "Pink and purple and yellow and black and GREEN!" (Seriously--he loves pink. We had issues at Joy School because I only had two pink bowls to split between two girls and Seth).
What's your favorite food? "Pears."
Who's your best friend? "Tristan. And Gabe. He's kinda my best friend. Brie is probably my best friend, but I don't know if she is. Angelina...uh, no. Cause I don't like her house, cause she screams a lot." (Breaks my heart, but it's true!)
What's your favorite movie? "Race cars. Crashing." (He watches Youtube videos of car crashes while we eat lunch. The things we'll do for some peace & quiet...)
What's your favorite toy? "Cars." (Surprise, surprise)
What's your favorite game? "Boring games." (translation=board games)
What's your favorite snack? "A snack with marshmallows and candy!"
What's your favorite animal? "No animals. Because I don't like animals."
What do you want to be when you grow up? "Animal doctor. A boy animal doctor." (Irony duly noted)
Favorite Song? "Frosty the Snowman and Wheels on the Bus."
Favorite Book? "Berenstain Bears. All of them."
Seth man, you amaze me. I think you are the smartest, cutest, sweetest little boy in the world. And I adore your freckles. I see so much of your daddy in you--you are focused and brilliant when you really care about something. And if you're not interested (like learning to write)? Forget it.
Sometimes I catch glimpses of who you're growing up to be. It scares me to know that it's coming so quickly, but I can't wait to see who you become. I am so blessed to be your mommy. I love every piece of you, my Seth Man. Happy Birthday!
1 comments:
Sounds like you need Seth to go visit Uncle Brian and Aunt Kenna. Maybe he'll reconsider being a 'boy animal doctor' :D
Post a Comment