As luck would have it, Jon's work trip to Dugway got him out of Scout Camp, which meant he had enough leave for a week-long trip to West Virginia to see his family.
We began with a momentous occasion--the turning-around of the car seat for Catherine.
At 18 months old and (not quite) 20 pounds, she's FINALLY out of her infant car seat:
We began with a momentous occasion--the turning-around of the car seat for Catherine.
At 18 months old and (not quite) 20 pounds, she's FINALLY out of her infant car seat:
We did this thinking she would travel better since she could see Seth and watch movies.
Reality? She could see Jon & I better and spent a good portion of the trip pointing at the dashboard and whining. Still can't figure out what she wanted--the keys? The CD player?
We managed to survive the drive and got to spend some time hanging out with the Bloods:
Seth LOVES LOVES LOVES Uncle Stephen "because he tickles me."
Catherine, on the other hand, LOVES LOVES LOVES being upstairs unsupervised.
Ask James how many times she got his deodorant:
"I am sweet and innocent of all charges."
"Finally, a chair worthy of my highness!"
"Thrones are nice and all, but laundry baskets are pretty fantastic, too!"
Per tradition, we spent one afternoon at the local wave pool (which had pretty crappy waves this year).
Catherine loved every minute, except the minutes when we tried to put her in an inner tube.
Splashing with Daddy
Joanna was thrilled to be there:
Actually, Joanna was thrilled with just about everything.
Did I mention that she's 14?
(although she's a much nicer 14 than I probably was)
Jon trying to drown Jacob:
I think this may be the Blood's favorite sport--Joanna and James were doing it, too.
Seth wanted nothing to do with me or Jon--Uncle James was WAY cooler than Mom or Dad:
No fear of the water here:
Mommy & Princess:
The kids spent most of their time destroying the playroom upstairs.
On this particular day, Catherine came down the stairs with a fabulous toy:
"What am I doing, you ask?
Oh, nothing.
Just playing with this severed doll's leg.":
Sometimes I wonder what else is buried in that playroom...
1 comments:
LOVE the severed doll leg. I should have saved our severed beanie baby leg for her next visit :D
Post a Comment