One time, when I was 35-36 weeks pregnant (my doctor and I don't agree on my due date), Jon was sent to Dugway, Utah for work. For three weeks. The choice was mine--stay home by myself, or join him for the last two weeks. A smarter woman would have probably said, "Gee, that's awfully close to my due date. I should probably stay put." Obviously I came to a different conclusion.
Jon dirtbiking in Winnemucca while visiting his sister Elizabeth (the week before we came).
Her comment: "It took a lot of convincing to get him on this thing!"
Shooting guns and dirtbiking.
I think Winnemucca was good for Jonny.
And so, without telling my OB, I hopped on an airplane by myself with two kids less than a month before my due date.
The kids did amazingly well (really, AMAZINGLY well) and the flight attendants were very kind. Probably because they didn't want to stress me out and send me into labor.
As soon as I got there I researched hospitals (just in case!) and tried my best NOT to have a baby in Utah.
0 comments:
Post a Comment