Sunday, September 29, 2013

Willard Bay

Because we are lucky and have awesome people in our family, we got to spend Saturday at Willard Bay, boating with the Whites! 

It's definitely not the most beautiful beach/water, but who cares? Certainly not my kids!
Playing in the mud with Aunt Marah & Aunt Bubba

This is why aunts are great--they entertain your kids so you don't have to!

Seth building gooey cars/castles out of the nasty mud

Jon & I decided we needed some more Blood representation at this party, so we dragged Timmy & James along with us. Timmy had just gotten home from his mission in Mexico and was heading to BYU, and James was heading up to BYU-I. It was a lot of fun to have a chance to hang out with them. 
Apparently being photogenic runs in the Blood family...

We got to go out on the first run with Uncle Wes. It was a little irritating--here I am on a lake with a boat and a sweet tube for the first time in years and I can't go for a ride because I'm pregnant. Boo. But it was nice to sit in the boat and watch Uncle Wes try to dump everyone else off the tube!

Seth liked the boat, as long as it was going slow.
Catherine liked the boat so much she fell asleep in my arms.

Decorating the side of the boat with mud
(don't worry--he would clean it off, then start over again)

Catherine loved the water and loved being the center of attention

I didn't think it would happen, but Uncle Wes managed to get my parents and Lori on the tube: 

Even more impressive: he got Grandma Jan in the boat! 

Catherine & Grandpa Russell drying off before we head back to Ogden: 

We decided to end our beach day with a really awkward picture of a bunch of sunburned people: 
Okay, so it was actually Lori's early birthday party, but the description still applies.

My kids were all kinds of helpful when it came to opening presents: 

Also very helpful at taking cute pictures for posterity to remember: 
I blame his father.

0 comments: