Sunday, April 27, 2014

Seth, part 2

A few things I forgot earlier:

*Seth gave his second talk in Primary in March. It was on the Atonement, so we came up with an analogy about a car crash (of course) and how you can't fix it without help. Seth drew pictures on big pieces of poster board and I wrote what he was supposed to say on the back. I knew I would be there to help if he got stuck, but he read the entire thing like a pro (and we didn't really keep things simple for him).

*At breakfast every morning we read one column from the Book of Mormon and one story from The Friend. A friend passed along an old paperback Book of Mormon for Seth to have for himself. Now he reads one verse, Catherine recites one verse (with my help), and I read the rest. He's mastering the language of the scriptures much faster than I expected.

*He can finally (FINALLY!) pump his legs to get himself going on the swing. I was honestly worried I was going to have to start some sort of therapy/intervention for the kid.

*We are officially dry all night long. Don't know what kicked in, but everyone is much happier now (especially Jon, who no longer has to wake Seth up at 12:00 am).

*I can barely pick the kid up anymore. What the heck happened to my baby?

3 comments:

Adrian said...

I know exactly how it feels to pick up an older child and think -you're heavy! when did you grow up? Be little again so I can cuddle you!

Cathy Mikesell said...

I wonder if dry and pumping are related somehow? Is there some thought/neuron process that connects both actions?

Pierce Family said...

They do grow up fast!