Oh, my Seth.
I've told several people lately that the Seth we know now is nothing like the Seth two years ago. That little boy who wanted everything quiet and alone is LONG gone. You are a little social animal now, always on the lookout for friends to play with. Even your new favorite game on the iPad (Roblox) is your favorite because you "play" with other people online. You are friendly and fearless, always asking questions of everyone around you.
You are definitely a little boy. You love war games and Nerf guns and pestering your siblings. But you have a soft heart. If I'm ever feeling worn down, you are there with a pillow, blanket and drink of water for me. One night at the beach with the Bloods we had a big FHE together where Grandpa Mark shared his testimony. It was a special moment and there were some tears shed. I almost snapped at you when you headed off to the bathroom while Grandpa was talking, but I'm glad I didn't. You came back with some tissues and passed them to Grandpa and Aunt Mary. You are so thoughtful.
Unsurprisingly, you are an iPad junky. It used to be all Minecraft, all the time. Then Jocelyn introduced you to Roblox and you've totally swapped over. Legos are still second best, with general weaponry in third. You'll also pick up books whenever you see one laying around. Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Minecraft books are your favorites.
I love watching you move into big kid territory. You are very confident and independent. You love school and you tolerate Primary (Sundays in general are not your favorite). You are also a great helper with Aaron.
Happy birthday, sweet boy. I can't believe we're just a year away from turning eight...
Seth's official seven-year-old interview:
- What is your favorite color? "Most of the colors. All of the colors. Especially zombie blood color. My favorite color is pink."
- What is your favorite food? "Ramen with eggs." (After I reminded him about mandarin oranges): "Oh! Those are my favorite!"
- Who's your best friend? "G-A-B-E and Jocelyn. I really like Jocelyn and Gabe."
- What is your favorite movie? "Hmm...Narnia. Voyage of the Dawn Treader."
- What is your favorite show to watch? "Garfield and Friends."
- What's your favorite toy? "The iPad."
- What's your favorite game to play? "Roblox on the iPad. It's fun."
- What's your favorite snack? "Holly Ranchers." (Me: "What?") "JOLLY RANCHERS. They're so yummy and it gives me extra dessert."
- What's your favorite animal? "Creeper. Cause a creeper is actually an animal. It has fuzz and four legs. And zero arms."
- What do you want to be when you grow up? "A Roblox instructor. It makes new games on Roblox."
- What's your favorite song? "Build Your Own Tycoon...something. It's in it. It's in the game (Roblox)." (Me: What's your favorite Primary song?) "Gethsemane. My mom's favorite. Whenever people sing it beautifully she gets goosebumps." (Truth).
- What's your favorite book? "Minecraft construction books. They help you do stuff in Minecraft." (Me: commenting that he never plays Minecraft anymore) "I DO, excuse me! I'm distracted from it a lot. But I still like it!"
- Do you like school? "Yes. Because I used to have my teacher Miss Murphy. Funnest teacher ever."
- What do you want to learn about in school this year? "Science!"
1 comments:
Something better than Minecraft? Impossible!
Post a Comment