Everyone knows December gets crazy busy. It's part of the holiday fun. But this is possibly the first year I've ever had such an insane Christmas Sunday! It started off well enough, with awkward pictures on the front porch in Christmas outfits:
(Did I mention the gorgeous weather this December???)
Grandma also snapped a few inside:
Seth (post-shower hair, pre-tie)
Aaron (removing yet another "ball" from the tree)
Princess (also post-bath hair, and returning one of Aaron's "balls" to the tree)
We enjoyed a lovely sacrament meeting full of Christmas music, then I got to direct the Primary in putting on the Nativity reenactment, which is always one of the best Sundays of the year. Thanks to Mom & Dad for helping me run the show (and for dealing with a non-functioning microphone while narrating!).
Immediately after church, we got to attend the Eight is Great fireside with Seth and his friends. I'm still in complete shock that Seth is turning eight. This is his (huge) class full of awesome kids and AMAZING teachers--I've been waiting for Seth to have the Bradys as his teachers for years!
Eleven kids. Bless you, Bro & Sis Brady!
And then, to add to the fun, we had a piano recital that evening (which, I have to say, was totally scheduled before any of the rest of this. We thought we were being so clever having it on a Sunday when life is less crazy...ha!). My students performed, as well as the Carmanys and Tabor's students. The Knoxes were so kind to host us all.
Seth played "Angels We Have Heard on High".
He worked really hard on his song and wasn't nervous at all.
Of course, the best part of any recital is hanging out after it's done. We all enjoyed delicious treats, chatting with good friends, and a game or two (led, as usual, by Jon):
Happy Christmas Sunday!







1 comments:
So many great things crammed into one Sunday ;)
Post a Comment