Thursday, August 25, 2016

Flying With Baby

My baby sister decided to get married as far across the country from me as she possibly could. With the craziness of Jon's work schedule and the craziness of weddings in general, it ended up being just me and Elise flying to Sacramento together for Beth's wedding.

I was totally terrified to fly alone with her. She's not prone to sleeping in my arms, so I wasn't sure how it would work. But I shoved her in a baby carrier and hoped for the best!
We are so beautiful!

Getting some wiggles out before she's confined to my arms on the plane

First time flying!

To appease the other children (who were sad to be left behind), Jon took them swimming.
It was great fun, until Aaron tried to drown himself:

"Dad didn't watch me every single second and I fell in!"

He was not pleased with his father:
Luckily he got over it quickly and everyone had a good time with Daddy.
(And this is why I never go swimming along with Aaron and Elise).

Meanwhile, Elise and I survived the first half of our trip:
FYI: Everyone at the airport is super nice when you have one of these attached to your chest.

Elise was a champion on all the flights.
She even managed to sleep in my arms, which was sweet:

Of course, by the time we got to CA, it was 12:30 am our time and she should have passed out.
I got this instead:

Thanks to Southwest's crazy outage, my entire family had their flights cancelled (luckily I flew out on United). Everyone made it eventually, but some ended up driving through the night, and some ended up flying into random airports all over CA. My poor dad spent hours and hours picking people up and dropping them off at the cabin we were all staying at.  Good thing we love Bethany!

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Who took the pictures of Aaron? I think I'd chose the day on the plane over taking toddlers swimming.