Wednesday, August 10, 2016

More Cousin Time

After being up late watching fireworks, the kids all magically slept until nine a.m., at which point Jon & I woke up feeling totally refreshed and full of energy.

Ha.

Elise was up at 5:30 am because she hates me. Good thing she's adorable:

It's fun watching Katie and seeing the trouble Elise will be getting herself into in a year.
Apparently sitting in a colander is quite fun: 

We braved the heat and the crowds to go swimming at a local pool.
I'm still at the point where pools with a baby and toddler are zero fun and zero relaxation, 
but I think the kids had fun. Maybe even Jon.

But first, the swimsuit competition: 
After just one look at those majestic thighs, the judges came to a decision.

Introducing the new Miss Baby America!
"I'd like to thank all the little people who got me here today.
Like that lady who feeds me all night so I can get thighs like these gorgeous ladies."

Posing with her daddy: 

Aaron and Aaron's hair probably enjoyed the snacks more than the pool: 

And Catherine quickly became cold and left the pool.
That happens when you have zero body fat: 

Luckily we all got plenty of pool time in before they had filter issues and closed it all down.
Hope my kids had fun, since there's no way I'm braving the pool without Jon around.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Totally with you on taking the kids swimming on my own. It's getting better, but is still an adrenaline-inducing experience.

Cathy Mikesell said...

Pool + toddlers + baby = terrifying if only one parent. I learned that the hard way when you were a preschooler...