Ah, my Seth Man.
I can't believe you're eight! You're fully entrenched in the world of little boys now, and I love it. You might be a little crazy and a little hard to keep focused, but I love your energy and enthusiasm. You love getting to do "big kid" things like stay up later and stay home alone (briefly, for now). You take great pride in instructing Catherine and Aaron in things like Minecraft, math facts and occasional nonsense. You adore Elise and are always making her laugh. You have been such a great help to me!
Thank you for trying so hard to be good and to do what's right. You are a sweet boy with a loving heart. I hope you'll always look for others to help. We love you, Seth Man.
Here's what you're up to at age 8:
*weight: 72 lbs. height: 4 1/2 feet. You're above the 90th percentile for height and weight.
*you would play Roblox and/or Minecraft literally all day if we'd let you.
*you still love playing war and will walk around making explosion noises most of the day
*you love reading and go through books like crazy. You've taken to reading Dad's Dilbert comics recently, which we find amusing since so much of it goes over your head.
*you love having friends over and ask nearly every day to play with someone (usually Gabe, but Jack and Thatcher are options as well)
*you've been saving your money for a PlayStation. You currently have about $80 saved. Dad is trying to talk you into buying something else, like a Chromebook.
*you love talking to people and will talk their ears off.
*you're prone to "embellishing" stories and then swearing they actually happened just like you said
*you love carrying Elise around. It makes you feel very grown-up.
*you had your very first "real" job this summer--watering the neighbors' plants while they were on vacation. You were quite pleased with the (very generous) payment they gave you in return.
Watering the plants
*you're working hard on memorizing your Articles of Faith (you've done 9 so far) and are making your way through Alma in the Book of Mormon.
*you're constantly losing money for not putting your shoes in the bin. Aaron is making a racket off of your forgetfulness!
*you are a sweet boy. constantly telling me that I'm "the best mommy" or that I make "delicious food."
We love you, Seth Blood!

1 comments:
Ah Seth! I miss hearing the explosion noises.
Post a Comment