My birthday was a little crazy since it was the same day we did the open house and the Holocaust Museum. But eventually we made it home to enjoy my Walmart cheesecake!
Elijah was pretty sure it was his birthday and this cake was all for him:
Life is pretty good when you're three and there's cake around.
Jon has been trying to eat less sugar recently, which is a noble goal that I support (even if I'm not quite as committed to it as he is). But when I asked what cake or other treat he wanted for his birthday, I was annoyed when he said "fruit salad." For Pete's sake: it's your BIRTHDAY. You can have something sugary on your birthday. But he held to it! So fruit salad it was:
Singing to Jonny:
And you know what? It really was delicious.
Sorry for being obnoxious, Jonny Blood.
Jon turned 40 this year, which feels really weird. I remember my mom's 40th birthday party! But it doesn't bother him, and I'm not dreading it either. Life is good and I'm looking forward to the years ahead.




0 comments:
Post a Comment