We upgraded our ofrenda this year and I love it!
This year our Dia de los Muertos celebration has been extra fun because we have spent a bit of time getting to know our ancestors better. I loved being able to put their pictures up and actually know a little bit about them now. I actually forgot to put up Dad Blood's picture originally, and it was definitely sad to see it up there. I miss him. But it was also a beautiful way to celebrate his life and remember him.
We hosted our annual Dia de Muertos party in our backyard again with lots of friends. We even made sugar skulls for the kids to decorate, which Elijah did with great vigor:
Decorating skulls and enjoying some pan de muerto
(legit this year since Carlos bought it from a bakery to share!)
And of course there was the massive trampoline jumping party:
Followed by the less massive trampoline sitting party:
(I think maybe Talia was reading them a book?)
After some delicious food (mostly thanks to Carlos and Stephanie), it was time to tell ancestor stories! I loved how everyone brought a story and a photo to share. Such funny, and powerful, and beautiful lives. This is my new favorite holiday.
Elise introducing Catherine Clawson Williams
Catherine introducing George Malin Williams
Aaron introducing Lafe Carnahan
(not pictured: me talking about Dad Blood and not really keeping it together)
I hope this is a tradition we can continue for a long, long time.








0 comments:
Post a Comment