Saturday, July 29, 2023

King and Queen Seat

Jon and I have a goal of going on one active/fun date (aka not just watching a movie in the basement) a month. And, since Seth is in school, Elijah gets to come on these dates generally. This time we decided to hike to the King and Queen Seat, which we had never visited before (with good reason, now that I've been there I would NEVER go with lots of little children. SOOO easy to fall off the edge).  
Elijah investigates the rock tunnel

"PEOPLE OF MARYLAND! BEHOLD! YOUR NEW KING!"
(It does actually look a bit like Pride Rock, so we just had to)

Stinky and Mommy:

Sitting by the edge:
(It's quite a drop off any of the sides of this rock.
I was very anxious just having Elijah this close for a photo.)

Daddy and Stinky:
(This time featuring much safer rock formations!)

It was an easy, beautiful hike. Next time we'll try to go when the fall colors are peaking. But probably still without all the kids because my heart just can't handle it.

0 comments: