Day 2 of Disneyland was actually spent AT Disneyland, much to Kenna's glee (she'd been whining on Saturday about how we came all the way to Disneyland and then didn't really GO into the park).
All in all, it was a successful day (minus the previously mentioned 90 minute wait for Indiana Jones). Yes, it was insanely crowded, and yes, we did have to wait in line for 45 minutes for food, but we still got to do everything we wanted to. To those who are wondering: yes, I did get Jon on both "It's a Small World" and the Teacups. You can't say you've been to Disneyland without riding those two. I was also pushing
for a ride on Dumbo, but that was vetoed.
So we happened to be there on New Year's Eve, which wasn't necessarily part of the plan. They did hand out free hats and noisemakers, so that was pretty great. We even went down Splash Mountain wearing our hats so we could get a sweet picture. Unfortunately, our picture was "washed away", whatever that means. I was extremely disappointed--I wanted to see if the smile I managed to pull off for the camera concealed the terror I was actually feeling.
It was getting close to midnight and we wanted to be out before the masses started exiting. We thought we had time for one last ride on the Matterhorn, but we were wrong. Actually, we would have been fine, if Disneyland hadn't FORCEFULLY RESTRAINED us from leaving. I guess they were worried about a mass exit, so instead they just refused to let anyone exit. So we celebrated the new year at Disneyland, which really wasn't too bad after all. Although by the time we got home we were completely exhausted and the back of my knees had been rubbed raw by my pants (weird, huh?).
Unfortunately, our time in California was up. After not nearly enough sleep, we loaded the Avalanche, said goodbye to Lori and Kenna (who was headed back to Provo) and drove off. Let's just say the drive is even more boring when you're going BACK to Tucson. Especially in the dark.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
California, part 3
at 6:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment