How much did it cost us to register two cars and acquire two driver's licenses in the grand state of Maryland?
$2,648.48
And yet we still have to pay tolls to drive on the freeway.
Somebody is making too much money here. And it sure isn't us.
$2,648.48
And yet we still have to pay tolls to drive on the freeway.
Somebody is making too much money here. And it sure isn't us.
PS--Thank you so much to everyone who gave us tips about buying a house. We REALLY appreciate it, and will probably pester you more as time goes on. In case you were wondering, our first appointment was unsuccessful--we were greeted at the door by a huge whiff of smoke, which means an automatic "NO!".
6 comments:
That's insane! How the heck did that cost so much? Brian and I both got our licenses this month and they were 20 bucks each. We just bought a car and the registration and plates were included in the sale price. But we're going to register our older car soon here so I'm hoping Virginia isn't that expensive!
What the heck?? I just paid for 2 years for my car and was complaining about the $450.
Are you kidding me!? That's unbelievable. How do they sleep at night?! (Probably on nice big king sized beds, pillow top mattresses, you know - the works) Twisted and unfair :)
That's robbery plain and simple. How ridiculous! Anyway about the house thing, I didn't read all the other comments too closely, but in case no one mentioned it check for signs of water damage in basements and ask if they have been flooded before if you are buying used. Also check out your neighbors. If you have the option, live by neighbors who don't smoke out on their porch all day long and let it drift into your air space (no this doesn't happen to us, but I always thought it would be horrible if it were to). You could also ask about loud annoying dogs in the area. Maybe I'm just too picky, but the little things are important to me. Finally, there are a million realtors trying to sell a home so if you use a realtor make them knock their fees down and pay closing costs--yes, there are realtors who will do that for business. Good luck.
That is ridiculous that it cost that much! Curt and I couldn't believe it when we saw it! I'm so sorry!
Post a Comment