Yesterday was my official due date! It's weird to think I should still be pregnant--even though I'm sleep deprived, I'm definitely glad to be done with the heartburn and other joys. Due to a loss of appetite that kicked in right after Seth was born (is that normal?) I'm almost down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that my belly still isn't pooching out or that my stretch marks are fading. At all. But I'll take what I can get!
Yesterday Seth weighed in at a whopping 7 pounds, 10.8 ounces. This for a 10 day old baby who was born at 6 pounds, 15 ounces. The nurses were quite impressed. (This is Aunt Bethany holding Seth, who is apparently hungry. If only it were that simple...)
We're still working on figuring out a schedule. For the past two nights he's wanted to use me as a human pacifier for two straight hours until he falls asleep. So we made an executive decision last night at 1 am--when he falls asleep, I'm not waking him up. He slept until 7 am (when I woke him up because I was afraid I was starving him) and is still totally zonked out despite waking up twice more to eat. Makes me nervous for tonight...
I think I'll go take a nap.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
40 Weeks Pregnant! Oh, wait...
at 10:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Zach definitely doesn't work with a schedule. He seems like he always wants to eat and as evidence usually wakes me up every two hours during the night demanding to be fed. When I'm lucky I get to sleep for a 3 hour stretch. It's possible that when Seth's sleeping he doesn't burn as many calories so he's fine sleeping longer during the night without waking up to eat. If he just keeps falling asleep when you're feeding him and stroking his chin and neck aren't enough to wake him enough to eat, I have a cousin who'd use a damp wash cloth on her son's forehead and that really did the trick.
Megan, you look gorgeous and your baby is simply beautiful. I still need your new address, please.
Oh, I am so jealous . . .I still have 10 lbs to lose! And NO it is not normal to lose your appetite! I feel like I lost mine during pregnancy and it all came flooding back as soon as he was born . . . everything tastes so good, how can I NOT eat it! you look great. Sorry about the human pacifier, I just take him off and let him suffer (I'm such a rude mom,huh?)
I am jealous that Beth and Mom are there!!! Well... hopefully by the time I get there he will be a bit more fun or at least on a schedule. haha!
Six straight hours of sleep with a newborn, how wonderful! And I'm glad you lost your weight so quickly! That will help you feel better, too. I love Seth already for being so kind to you.
YOU HAD YOUR BABY!!!!
Congrats! I haven't read more than two details, so I'll be back with comments. I can't wait to read! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!
Oh, I. Hate. You. It's been 8 months since I had my baby and I don't look as good as you. Lucky ducky. But yeah, I'm not sure the sagginess will ever go away. Grrrr.
Hey, at least you weren't overdue! That is NO FUN! ;)
Megan, you look amazing! (I'm trying to fight off severe feelings of jealousy right now.) And thanks for all of the updates--I appreciate knowing beforehand what I'm getting into! Seth is so cute, and I'm glad things are going well!
Megan, you look fantastic. I know that I will not look that great after this baby. I've found that if the baby eats a lot during the day they tend to not need to eat as much as night. Feel lucky and sleep!!!
Wow, you must be the skinniest girl I have ever met!
HA HA HA HA... you look great, and your little boy is cute too.
I've finally read all of your posts and now I can congratulate you on your new arrival! He's beautiful and you're looking absolutely fantastic!
I wasn't interested in food after Nathan was born, but I attributed that to the post-partum depression. It's rough though when you're body demands nurishment but your stomach/mind don't wish to comply.
Post a Comment