Monday, August 11, 2008

Dear Seth,


I apologize for eating cajun shrimp pasta last night for dinner. Yes, it was delicious, and yes, I really want to eat the leftovers sitting in our fridge right now.

HOWEVER, you have made it extremely clear that red pepper is not your friend. I knew we were in trouble when your post-nursing breath smelled just like my dinner, but I didn't think it would be THAT much trouble.

As cute as you are, I don't want to see your precious little eyes at 2:42 am. Especially not when those little eyes remain open until 5:15 am. I rocked you, swaddled you, gave you your pacifier (and then laid next to your crib for an hour so I could stick it back in your mouth every 5 minutes or so), but you were not sleeping.

I finally got you down and crawled into bed expecting at least an hour and a half of sleep. Imagine my joy when you started squawking at 6:09 am. Luckily your dad was home. He re-swaddled you, gave you your pacifier and stuck you in the swing. I would have left you in your dang crib to cry. I was crying--you might as well be, too.

And now you're next to me, asleep (sans pacifier) as you should be. And I think you're adorable again because it's a perfectly godly hour of the day.

Yes, this was probably my fault. But you should know that I'm secretly holding a grudge. Just wait until you're 17 and trying to get your 14 hours of sleep. I'll be in to visit you at 11 pm, 2 am, 3 am to 5 am straight, 6 am, and 10:30 am. Then I'll make you cook me breakfast and entertain me for an hour before I go take a nap.

Love, Mom

PS--Only two more months, right, Adrian?

6 comments:

Christy said...

Dear Megan,

Did I ever tell you that you're my favorite??? Well, you are. I love your spunk.

Brian and Kenna said...

I will be there to help you soon... :-)

Holly said...

Oh Megan! I'm so sorry! I'll try to get some extra sleep for you while I can! Thanks for reminding me to take advantage of it. (By the way, I love your posts!)

Adrian said...

I --love-- that picture of him all wonky in his carseat.

Ali said...

I love, love, love this blog.

The tiredness goes away... well, I'll let you know when I find out.

:) Take naps when he does. Who cares if you're wearing dirty underwear. Forget your laundry and sleepy

(ewww!)

Sommer said...

That was the cutest post! You crack me up! I love you Megan!