Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So maybe I'm a bad mother...

...for doing this to my poor 3 week old son, but he won't remember. Right?

Aug. 4th
After two glorious weeks when my laundry was magically cleaned and folded and my kitchen was always clean, my mom and Beth had to go back to Arizona. It's a daunting prospect to think that my mom is clear across the country. What I wouldn't give to have my family just a short drive away...

Thanks to some inconvenient pricing practices, they were flying out of Washington Dulles instead of BWI (which is only 40 minutes from our house). Since Beth's school stopped doing their 8th grade D.C. trip, my mom thought it would be a good idea to have her see the sights while we were there. In case you're wondering, it's NEVER a good idea to take a middle schooler on a historical sight-seeing trip. Wait until they're at least 17 (but then DEMAND that the cell phone stays in the purse. Stupid texting).

I debated about whether Seth & I would go. He was really young, it was going to be warm, and I'd have to nurse in public (yikes!). But hey, he's got to be toughened up sometime. Might as well start young.

Seth did pretty well. It was hotter than I anticipated, so he was a little grumpy. Heck, I was grumpy, too. Nursing on a public park bench when it's 90+ degrees and humid is no pleasure. Beth was the grumpiest, though. But we'll forgive her because she's 13. And because I'll always have this trip to use as blackmail when she's older.


1 comments:

Brian and Kenna said...

he is soo cute!!! I miss him... :-(