Here are the stats: 12.5 lbs, 23.5 in, 15.5 in head circumference. He's pretty solidly in the 75th percentile. I think he's done with the whole "put on a pound a week" phase--he's sleeping longer now and not eating for as long. Hallelujah.
Things Seth can do at 2 months old:
-Hold up his head without any support from us (unless he's really, really tired)
-Stand up and support his own weight (we just have to help him keep his balance)
-Smile--although he's still very selective about who gets smiled at and when. Seeing Jon in the morning usually evokes the biggest smiles (which is SO unfair. I'm the one who feeds the dang kid)
-Go for 6 hours between feedings at night. I usually feed him around 8:30 pm and don't hear from him until around 2 am. And if I do hear from him, now I just put his pacifier in because I know he CAN make it 6 hours.
-Talk up a storm
-Sit up all by himself. That's right--our child's a prodigy
-Wake himself up from a dead sleep to fill his diaper (which usually ends in a blow-out)
-Spit up on himself, me, and three stairs all in one shot
-Enjoy taking his bath (although he doesn't like his feet to touch the water)
-Spit his pacifier into the storm drain, where it will remain for eternity
-Design his own rockin' cool hairdo
-Refuse to interact with his parents when the ceiling fan is on (it's apparently much more interesting than we are)
-Make fabulous spit bubbles and then drool them down his onesie
-Turn his head from side to side during tummy time
-Mistake his dad's nose for his pacifier
Tragically, I didn't get any pictures of his cute not-so-little thighs with bandaids on them. Why? Because my camera decided to die AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE. Now it will only take pictures that look like this:
By the way, we totally weren't lying about that whole "sit up on his own" thing. Not at all.
5 comments:
He is such a cute and happy baby! Some moms would be jealous as to how well mannered he is at his age.
Man isn't it HORRIBLE taking your child in for shots? I ALWAYS cry when I do. We just got Nathan's 1 year shots and it was not a pleasent experience. Seth is so cute, I can't wait to see him tomorrow at church, I havn't seen him for like 2 weeks!
Wow I think you do have a genius baby in order for him to spit out his pacifier right into the drain. He will probably be a sports prodigy. I love the picture of Jon and him crying...I remember feeling exactly the same way at three o'clock in the morning when Q just wouldn't go to sleep!
congrats . . . I went to our two week appt, but have yet to get his shots . . . I am not looking forward to it! Your baby is amazing to be sitting up! How did he learn?
He is so cute! I'm glad the shots weren't too bad, and I can't believe all the things he's doing already! It's so weird that we were pregnant at the same time for so many months, and now you have a 2 MONTH OLD, and I'm still waiting for mine to be born! (Not fair!) Really, he's so cute, and I'm so happy for you guys. Thanks for all the updates--I love reading everything.
Post a Comment