Yeah, still no camera. Sorry. You'll just have to use your imaginations.
This weekend Jon's sister Mary and her husband Scott flew up from North Carolina to visit us and meet Seth. Daniel, Wendy & Jocelyn came down from New York AGAIN so they could see Scott & Mary, too. (Wendy, you are one brave woman).
Things started off rather dramatically, in that our Escort overheated as Jon was on his way to the airport. He pulled off some random exit and sent me & Seth to pick up Scott and Mary. Luckily whatever was wrong only ended up costing around $150--not bad for a car repair.
It was a pretty relaxing weekend--we talked, played games, went mini-golfing (I lost, Jon won, big surprise...) and out to eat. Seth spent the whole weekend staring at Scott, regardless of who was holding him or trying to get his attention. Luckily Scott was a good sport, since Seth was ignoring my "it's rude to stare" lectures.
Seth had two big "firsts" this weekend. Saturday (the 20th) we went to Broom's Bloom for ice cream. Jon & I got some fabulous red raspberry ice cream. I went inside to grab an extra spoon, and when I got back I saw Jon feeding Seth some ice cream! Yes, it was just a tiny, tiny bit (just enough to turn his drool pink), but that is SO against the baby rules. Seth seemed to enjoy it. He even got a couple more tastes (which he basically just drooled out). I really missed my camera that night.
I actually wasn't there for his next big accomplishment--Jon was being kind and letting me take a nap. So it was only when I woke up that I found out Seth had LAUGHED for him! He never thinks it's funny when I change his diaper... And no, I haven't gotten him to do it since.
We had a really good time visiting with everyone. It's fun to think that next time we see them, both Scott & Mary AND Daniel & Wendy will have little baby girls (or at least close--Mary's due the beginning of January). Poor Seth--he's going to be the only boy with 3 girl cousins!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Family Weekend
at 10:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Megan! Isn't it so fun when they finally start doing little things? Every stage is more fun then the last.
Sounds like a fun, busy weekend. I just got your message and how about I call our people and you can teach. When would be best for you to visit, morninngs, afternoons, nights? Let me know. Love ya!
Mom Blood said Grandpa Cox fed Daniel a jam sandwich on the way home from the hospital and he survived
It's always a good idea to get your baby hooked on ice-cream young!
Post a Comment