Monday, September 15, 2008

A Pity Party for Me. Wah.

This is how Seth feels about being stuck at home with Mom for four days:
So Jon's in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Again. Which means Seth and I are home alone for 4 full days. Yes, I know it's not that long, but I definitely miss him most in the evenings when he relieves me of Seth duty for a few hours. He's so good to me.

Now I'm in the process of trying to keep myself busy so I won't think about being here alone. Today we hit Target, the library, and Aldi. I borrowed "Hairspray" and "Becoming Jane" from the library--"Hairspray" because Jon absolutely will not watch it with me, and "Jane" because I may or may not have developed a slight crush on James McAvoy after seeing this movie (although seeing him as Mr. Tumnus kind of cooled the fervor a bit).

As usual, my wonderful friend Dawn is keeping me from going insane by inviting me for dinner one night and ice cream the next.

One good thing about having a newborn: I'm too exhausted at night to fret about someone breaking in. In my younger days I would be sleeping with all the lights on (ask my parents what the house looked like when I babysat at night). Not that I'm really that worried--what are they going to steal? Our microwave?

10 comments:

Holly said...

Good luck--I hate being alone! I'd hang out with you and keep you company if we lived closer. Curt and I would invite you over, and you could have fun giving Curt a hard time about everything. (Sometimes he just needs that!) I'm glad you have Seth to keep you company!

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

I'm sorry he has to be away. It's bad enough being separated, let alone being the only one to care care of the baby. I can't believe how big Seth is getting already!

Ali said...

Don't short change your self or your situation...four days is a loooooong time to be on your own with a new baby. Even if I'm still dominating the child care situation, it's mentally a relief knowing Andrew's on hand so I feel for you! Once upon a time, I lived 5 minutes from my Mom's house and would spend those long evenings with her. Ugh. Can I come to your pity party?

Christine said...

I totally can sympathize, I hated when Brian would leave on business trips (especially after having Max). I would stay up all night too scared to go to bed by myself. (I also have that fear of people breaking in). I would love to make it up to DC sometime, I'm finally getting out of the first trimester yuckiness so we'll have to try and get up there sometime.

Ashlee said...

Seth is getting so big. They grow up way to fast so enjoy it while he is little and cant talk back. I now have a blog it is brianashleekaylee.blogspot.com

Sommer said...

Aw Megan I'm so sorry! Yuck, I hate being home a lone! I LOVE Becoming Jane, such a cute movie, watch it with a box of tissues! Why don't you come over and hang out with us sometime in the next few days, we sure would love that.

Sommer said...

We can come over to your house too if that would be easier for you, just let me know

Kristina said...

A couple of things:
1) Seth is adorable, and I'm not just saying that because I'm your friend. He is truly cute.
2) The way you blog about him is hilarious and a breath of fresh air! I'm so sick of moms who only talk about how much they adore their children and never have anything funny or teasing to say about their children.
3) I also like college sports more than any pro sports. I have a definite, $1600 a semester reason to want BYU to win than I do for the Broncos.
4) I'm glad you didn't die. The end.

Kellie said...

I wish you could come to our house or we could go to yours. I guess 12 hours is a bit too far away...

Good job keeping busy! I like to work on a project when Scott is gone -- something to do, and a surprise when he comes home (though this doesn't always happen or get finished, and may be mostly impossible with a newborn -- my attempt at that is a story for another day).

Call me if baby talk gets tedious and you need some real conversation!

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Megan, oh Megan. I read your comment you left on my blog (I can see my comments on my cell phone)when I was in my critical care class at the hospital today and I actually started laughing out loud. In answer to your question though, no, I do not fear an untimely death from being speared. Thanks for your concern though :D.