It's official. I've now survived Baby Boot Camp (or, as others call it, the 4th Trimester). Allegedly now that Seth is 3 months old, things will start to get lots better--as in more sleep and more fun. As of right now, I can attest to the latter. Still holding out for the former.
At three months old, Seth weighs exactly 15 pounds and is 2 feet tall. Which basically means he's a chubster. Still. We have now grown out of our 3 month clothes and some of our 3-6 month clothes. Oddly enough, he's not too chunky for the outfits--he's too tall. Our child must have a long torso. Sure didn't get that from me...
Things Seth can do at 3 months old:
*Smile--it's adorable. I'll prove it soon.
*Laugh (usually at his dad)
*Chew on his hands
*Concentrate really, REALLY hard on grabbing his blanket, but then give up and go back to sucking on his fist.
*Shriek like a banshee
*Hold a 5-15 minute conversation consisting of coos, babblings, and banshee shrieks
*Sleep from 9 to 9 with only one feeding. Number of times he's done this? Once. But still...
*Have an opinion about taking a bottle. We're just happy he'll still take one.
*Spit up all over Mom in the hallway during Stake Conference
*Blow raspberries.
*Put himself back to sleep occasionally when Mom is too lazy (read: exhausted) to get out of bed again. That's right--I'm already letting my child cry himself to sleep. But only for 5 minutes at this point.
*Have exactly 5 rolls on his thighs. Obviously we don't NEED those late-night feedings.
He really has gotten a lot more fun recently. It's nice to see that he really does like us. One thing I miss, however, are his milk smiles. They used to happen all the time, but I haven't seen one in several weeks. He's also lost the newborn cry (which I don't miss too much, although it's cute in its own way). All in all, he's a fabulous baby. I'll take a good-natured crappy sleeper over a grumpy sleeper any day.
Sorry. Pictures soon.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Baby Boot Camp Graduate
at 1:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay, it really will start getting better little by little. Don't feel bad about the crying out thing, it's good that he learns to self soothe and your not letting it go on long at all so don't feel bad. I can't wait to see more pictures of the little chunk when your camera gets here =)
Short legs, long torso, definitely Jon.
lol Your posts are always entertaining! The babies just keep getting more and more fun!! Crossing my fingers more sleep comes soon too!
COngrats, Seth! You are getting to be a big man!
In the book world: just finnished "The Secret Life of Bees" and liked it. I think the movie is coming out this month.
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!! you made it three months! I'm sending you our sleep book, because three months is when you can start to use it. Seriously looking forward to more pictures soon!
Post a Comment