Jon has flex time at work, which means he works 9 hour days and gets every other Friday off (and we LOVE it). This weekend he not only has Friday off, but Monday as well. Thank you, U.S. Government, for inventing holidays and then giving your employees the day off.
To celebrate, we're doing some things we've been meaning to do for a long time. First of all, to please the grandmothers, we bought this:It should be here in a week or so.
And, with my hard-earned piano teaching money, we bought and assembled this to put in our kitchen:...and bought this, which I have been longing for since I saw it in the chapel of the Nauvoo Temple.
We also caulked our bathroom shower and fixed the drain ring in the sink. Today our plans include vacuuming out our disgusting cars and finishing "fall cleaning" the upstairs. Yes, I deep clean my house every 6 months. You can blame my mother for that obsession.
On Monday we're planning a nice "hike" in Gunpowder Falls State Park (you can't really hike when you have no mountains).
In other news, Seth is officially 13 weeks old today and will be 3 months old tomorrow. To celebrate, he has decided to abandon his previous nickname of "Serious Seth" and has started smiling up a storm. He is currently working on perfecting his high-pitched shrieking skills and his hand-gnawing skills. Aren't you all just dying for pictures? We just hope the camera shows up before Halloween. Because let me tell you, we're going to look good (provided I can find the necessary costume pieces for Seth).
By the way, THANK YOU ALL for the book recommendations. Keep them coming. I just grabbed 6 books today and requested a few that were checked out. And, in case you care, Mylicon seems to have helped the gas issue a little bit. We're nowhere close to making it all night, but we usually make it from 9 to 2 with no problems. Hallelujah. If only that stuff weren't so bloody expensive...
Saturday, October 11, 2008
One Productive Weekend(ish)
at 1:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
target sells the exact same mycolin product but in there brand for really cheap. I think it's less then four dollars, at least it was last year when we used it so check it out, it'll be right next to the name brand one.
It's so fun when they start smiling and deciding to eat their hands. It's amazing how all the little steps of development are so exciting. I would never have thought I'd get excited when Zach actually held a toy on purpose. Good luck with the battle against gas!
I don't think I knew you were teaching piano, that's neat. I am pretty sure the camera you bought is the same one I have. I love it.
Hooray for digital cameras! I'm ready for pictures, of Seth and drains and clean cars and whatever!
Ohhhh, I love Minerva Teichert! Good choice!
Post a Comment