Friday, October 31, 2008

Recycled Halloween

What do you do when you have a totally awesome costume that took you weeks to make? That's right--you move to a different state and USE IT AGAIN.Sadly, the giant gingerbread man looks a bit mangled after two moves (and the various attacks of children who seem to think that Jon was actually dressed as a giant punching bag). But we still won the Best Adult Costume, thank you very much! Our prize? Some disgusting cocoa-flavored Peeps that I promptly gave away at piano lessons two days later (sorry, Bente).

In case the picture doesn't make it clear, we had a family theme going on. Jon was (obviously) the gingerbread man, I was the baker who forgot to wear her oven mitt in the picture, and Seth was the fox who eats the gingerbread man. I was really missing your baker's hat this year, Spencer. Everyone thought I was Alice in Wonderland...

Seth did remarkably well, despite being passed around the ward so his parents could eat some soup and pie. This, of course, is how he ended the night:When we got home I made Jon take some pictures of Seth's costume so you could all enjoy how adorable he was.And, of course, this is our pumpkin. Not as cool as years past, but having a kid makes things infinitely more complicated. We thought we were pretty clever by having the tail coil around the pumpkin, but all this accomplished was to make it impossible for the candle to stay lit due to some pretty serious wind.We hope you all have a fabulous Halloween!

PS--There are two more new posts below this one, if you care.

12 comments:

AnnEE said...

SETH IS ADORABLE!! His little chubby cheeks? Do you know the hours that I would spend kissing them? I might just have to go wake my little baby up so I can give a darling little boy some love!!

-Please don't be weirded out!

Jeanne Lawyer said...

You all looked FABULOUS! May I say that Seth is the cutest little fox I ever did see.

HeavenlyHome said...

I bet one of my kids thought the gingerbread man was a punching bag! Sorry, Alice!

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Seth is so cute! I am always impressed with your pumpkin carving abilities.

Sommer said...

You guys looked soooo cute and I totally voted for Jon for best costume.

Jen Bowen said...

Seth's fox costume turned out so cute! I love the tail. If I'd spent that much time on a costume I'd want to reuse it too. That's pretty funny that the kids thought it was something to attack. I guess that's how theme park and sporting event mascots feel?

Kellie said...

You family fairy tale theme is the best! You all look great! And your pumpkin is still amazing. It only gets better from here!

Adrian said...

Seth is an super cute fox. And I'm impressed that you've gotten so many halloweens out of your gingerbread man! Your pumpkin looks sweet. Did you get any trick-or-treaters?

Ali said...

Your costumes are great! If you happen to live in the same state as you do now next year, I'd be more than willing to mail you the Adam and Eve ones we wore this year... ha!

Do you live near D.C. ?? We might be trekking up that direction for Thanksgiving. It would be fun to see you if you're near by.

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali said...

DC...

I dont think it's going to happen for us this year. BUT! That is our meeting place with our family who lives in New York, so hopefully next Spring or Summer will make it up there. I'll keep you posted, I'd love to meet your adorable little man named Seth.

Marianne said...

What a cute little man. I loved the gingerbread man when I saw it. I loved your live traffic feed. It was fun to see that someone visited my site right before yours the other day.