Yesterday our little monster man (who is currently screaming in his crib instead of sleeping, which is what he REALLY wants to be doing) turned 6 months old. And I am not happy about it. I'm not ready for him to grow up. I like him just the way he is, with the rather large exception of sleep issues. I'm trying to savor every moment because they're going by so quickly. But then again, he is getting SO much more fun as he grows older.
6 months is a big milestone for Seth. First, he's learned to actually jump in his jumperoo--and enjoy it. (Pardon the video--it was originally taken sideways and is now stretched).
He's also had his first taste of "real" food. His initial reaction was priceless. I did NOT want to give him real food--it makes him seem too grown up--but he was getting so hungry that we had to. He's doing much better as of yesterday. There was some actual eating and not just drooling...
Seth after:
Seth's greatest skill acquisition, however, is walking. That's right--our 6 month old is walking. We have no idea where he picked this up. Now he doesn't want to stand anymore--just walk.
Other developments include the words "do", and "da", forgetting how to roll over, and learning to sleep without a pacifier. Sleep training officially ends on Saturday--I'll give you the full update then.
And yes, he's still screaming upstairs. And I'm not going to get him because he needs this nap!!

5 comments:
Your little guy is so talented!! Check out all that physical stuff- jumping, walking _and_ making faces! In every video I keep wanting you to move the camera up so I can see what your house looks like. We have to come and visit you soon.
Happy six month birthday, Seth! Life has not been the same since you entered it!!
What a darling! It's so sad when they grow up, I was just lamenting about Nathan getting older to Ben last night. It's good that you recognize it and are savoring every bit of it. Good job!
And you need him to take those naps! Good job, momma!
These little ones are such blessings, they change my life and my heart every day!
Zach's having fun walking with support too. Also, he has the exact same blue dinosaur pajamas that Seth was wearing in the video. Good times.
WOW!!! He's getting so big! I love his facial expression when he gets that first taste. haha....priceless! I can't believe he's trying to walk already! He does need to slow down! Silly little boy. You're doing a good job!
Post a Comment